Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking at the 1919 but I can't see the advantage over the Saiga 12. Any advise or direction would be helpful.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Availability , price , parts availability(havent needed any), price, same ergos as an AR-15, price

A good set up Saiga $3500.00+ , = MKA 1919 $1800.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's some pics of some we've put together
Hello, I would love some advice from you guys! I've been seeing a lot of helpful comments from you guys in other forums but basically I just have a problem with my 1919 and need some advice. I would love to shoot skeet with my gun and also take it dove hunting, but I don't know that the stock sights are meant for this type of shooting. I have been looking for a sight that I could just stick on the front an have a sort of "point and shoot" gun. I'm thinking maybe just a bead on the front and no sight in the back? I would love any advice! Thank you!

Josh

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
My neighbor has one of these things, I haven't fired it but I have handled the MKA 1919 and it lightweight and handles like a dream. We get newbies on my skeet/trap range and ran into one with a Tac shotgun, he was starting on the five-stand, and clueless as to what was about to happen, but game. I took pity upon him and coached him through various sequences. He made some mistakes but was making hits at the end. What I did note is that the tactical S/G with a 24 inch barrel can be used effectively against clays even by a rookie.
Is the tactical shotgun the best choice for skeet/trap shooting? Hell-no! Two different scenarios for use, and neither really designed for other than defense or hunting/skeet/trap. However thousands of criminals have been stopped with skeet/trap shotguns and thousands of clays downed with Tacs. Never underestimate the versatility of the men and women behind these things.
KenC

·
Registered
2 Posts
My neighbor has one of these things, I haven't fired it but I have handled the MKA 1919 and it lightweight and handles like a dream. We get newbies on my skeet/trap range and ran into one with a Tac shotgun, he was starting on the five-stand, and clueless as to what was about to happen, but game. I took pity upon him and coached him through various sequences. He made some mistakes but was making hits at the end. What I did note is that the tactical S/G with a 24 inch barrel can be used effectively against clays even by a rookie.
Is the tactical shotgun the best choice for skeet/trap shooting? Hell-no! Two different scenarios for use, and neither really designed for other than defense or hunting/skeet/trap. However thousands of criminals have been stopped with skeet/trap shotguns and thousands of clays downed with Tacs. Never underestimate the versatility of the men and women behind these things.
KenC
Thanks for the comment! I do understand that my gun is tactical, but I would love to be able to use it for both. Basically I was just wondering if anyone knew of any types of sights that might fit the part better for the type of shooting ill be doing. And what I was thinking is something that is closer to the barrel, making it easier to find the target. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have an Eotech Xps on mine, I have NO IDEA what the rules on trap/skeet are, but it is SO mch easier/quicker with a RDS

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
when you dance, you wear dance shoes.
when you swim, you put on fins.
switch it around and you get....well....have fun shootng skeet with this type gun.
its a tactical gun. its designed for advancing on something. it part of bigger picture.
skeet is skeet.
try as you might, you can keep trying to put a round peg in a square hole all you want, but tactical is tactical.
skeet is skeet.
the 1919 is perfect for what its intended.
bt if you want to do skeet, come see me, and i'll fit you to the right shoes....instead of stuffing paper in those fancy shoes of yours.
hope it helps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm more of a, dance with the one ya brung, kinda guy :>)
I will say I've shot trap ONE time with mine, did almost as good as the guys in the league
There was alot of comments/snickers, BEFORE, none after.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
hey tooth, hows it going?
i must say, skeet and trap are to different things!
trap you got a straight away, more like what your gun is designed for, but skeet? thats a hard sell.
google ljutic space gun.
youll see the concept of high sighting planes and optics for trap has been around for decades. but it never took off for skeet. skeet requires different lock in procedures. with low elbows on pistol grips, it makes for a sloppy swing and not too many high volume shooters ever liked the idea.
but trap was a different story.
the aggressive swing wasnt needed as in skeet.
the closer to broom handle straight you are, the better the swing for skeet. and lordy lordy....that follow up shot, whew! no thanks!
if you guys need a home field, come on down to vanzant. we'd be glad to have ya.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
that red f.arm makes it look as if its a toy. i know the bbl muzzle is the thing people look for by law, but are you sure its a good idea to make it close to resembling a toy? some liberal or kid may think its a toy? im not being sinister. im just being concerned for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts