Shotgun Forums banner

FNH Police Tactical Semi-Auto

2K views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  ShotgunPro 
#1 ·
Been looking for a new 3-gun shotty. One of the local dealers showed me a new FNH Police Tactical. At first glance looks like a nice gun. Anyone have any experience with these?

#4 ·
I run the FN SLP MK I for 3 gun. Not sure what version you're looking at.

There is the shorter version, but it wouldn't be as good for 3 gun due to mag capacity. You're gonna want a mag that holds at least 8 shells.

My FN SLP MK I runs everything I put in it and is very reliable. When I bought it I was down to it and the Benelli M2. I went with the MK I after shooting both (and many others).

I'm still very happy with my decision.

Good luck in your choice.

#5 ·
It may be the SLP I was looking at. I remember the police tactical on the side of the receiver though. The one I looked at had, I think, a 22" bbl and held 8+1. It also had a cantilever optics mount and iron sights. Seemed like a nice setup for several hundred less than the Benelli. Just can't find a field test or review on it anywhere.
Thanks for the info.

#6 ·
It may be the SLP I was looking at. I remember the police tactical on the side of the receiver though. The one I looked at had, I think, a 22" bbl and held 8+1. It also had a cantilever optics mount and iron sights. Seemed like a nice setup for several hundred less than the Benelli. Just can't find a field test or review on it anywhere.
Thanks for the info.
Sounds like your onto the right one.

There's a few different versions and they are each the SLP, but the 22" version is the MKI, so I think we're talking about the same thing.

It will serve you well.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info.
My review of the FNH SLP Mark 1. I put an EOTech XPS2 sight on mine. Great combination. My Benelli never makes it out of the safe anymore. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.