Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up an inexpensive laptop. Now I can finally post pics of the Mossy. The first pic is when I first got it with the speed feed stock. My XD9 Service is there too. The next pic is with the Knoxx Specops NRS stock I installed.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is same setup I am looking at, have a couple of youngin's so the folding stock makes sense. what kind of price did you pay, saw one at the gun and reel shop the otherday for 639.00 think he needs to come down just a bit.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally picked up an inexpensive laptop. Now I can finally post pics of the Mossy. The first pic is when I first got it with the speed feed stock. My XD9 Service is there too. The next pic is with the Knoxx Specops NRS stock I installed.
I just noticed the screen name Go EERS.....I live in Charleston

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet shotty. I'm going to buy a an 870 next month (when the gun show arrives) I'm just debating if I want to get a collapsable stock like you have or if I want to keep the stock that comes with it on the gun. The point of getting it is for home defense but I do plan on doing some clay pigon shooting with it for fun.

I've heard putting a collapsable stock on an 870 can deminish the accuracy of it and I should stick with the standard stock that comes with it. This is coming from a gun owner too.

What's been your experience with shooting your shotty with the collapsable stock?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is same setup I am looking at, have a couple of youngin's so the folding stock makes sense. what kind of price did you pay, saw one at the gun and reel shop the otherday for 639.00 think he needs to come down just a bit.
I paid $540 for it at Cabela's I think bud's has them even cheaper. I paid $50 for the knoxx stock from midway (it's the non recoil reducing version) I plan on selling the original so i should make it back. Definitely a fun gun to shoot and it turns heads at the range all the time.

Haha Let's Go Mountaineers!!!! Can't wait to see the new offense in football. Kevin Jones also just took his name off the draft list and is returning for his senior year in bball which I'm pumped about. I'm alumni graduated in 02...i go back at least once a year for a game. Unfortunately i'm stuck in jersey...would love to move back to Motown...I miss that place!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet shotty. I'm going to buy a an 870 next month (when the gun show arrives) I'm just debating if I want to get a collapsable stock like you have or if I want to keep the stock that comes with it on the gun. The point of getting it is for home defense but I do plan on doing some clay pigon shooting with it for fun.

I've heard putting a collapsable stock on an 870 can deminish the accuracy of it and I should stick with the standard stock that comes with it. This is coming from a gun owner too.

What's been your experience with shooting your shotty with the collapsable stock?
I have never heard about any accuracy issues when switching to the collapsible stock. I never experienced any either. The issue with them on the Mossberg is with the safety and mag releases which haven't really been an issue for me. I can't see it being too much of an issue with the
Remmy because the safety and mag releases are in a better spot for this type of stock. Also both companies sell the shotty with collapsible stocks so I'd say it really isn't that much of an issue. I actually think i shoot better with it because it is much more comfortable for me. Plus it's nice when shooting with people who are different sizes. 5'2" girls shoot this just as well as 6'3" guys.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know you got the non-recoil-reducing version, but the recoil-reducing version of the SpecOps stock is remarkable. You shoot the hottest slug loads you want and it will still get you back on target fast. And... they are made in the USA. I just saw something a bit about them on Shooting USA on the Outdoor Channel.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Kansas I'll eventually get the recoil reducing stock...I've heard nothing but good things about them...After dropping 540 on the shotty I had a hard time dropping another 100...especially since I really want to build an AR...the fact that they're made in the USA is a definite plus

@Frizzle Definitely need to order one of those haha

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have never heard about any accuracy issues when switching to the collapsible stock. I never experienced any either. The issue with them on the Mossberg is with the safety and mag releases which haven't really been an issue for me. I can't see it being too much of an issue with the
Remmy because the safety and mag releases are in a better spot for this type of stock. Also both companies sell the shotty with collapsible stocks so I'd say it really isn't that much of an issue. I actually think i shoot better with it because it is much more comfortable for me. Plus it's nice when shooting with people who are different sizes. 5'2" girls shoot this just as well as 6'3" guys.
I really appreciate your input on this. I was thinking the same thing about it being more comfortable so sizes can be adjusted accordingly for the shooter. I'll be on the lookout for the 870 with the collapsable stock. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I paid $540 for it at Cabela's I think bud's has them even cheaper. I paid $50 for the knoxx stock from midway (it's the non recoil reducing version) I plan on selling the original so i should make it back. Definitely a fun gun to shoot and it turns heads at the range all the time.

Haha Let's Go Mountaineers!!!! Can't wait to see the new offense in football. Kevin Jones also just took his name off the draft list and is returning for his senior year in bball which I'm pumped about. I'm alumni graduated in 02...i go back at least once a year for a game. Unfortunately i'm stuck in jersey...would love to move back to Motown...I miss that place!
I saw some of the spring game and am looking forward to the new improved "O"

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, this may be a real nooB question, but how exactly do those attach to the shotgun? I can see that the top of the crossguard just goes over the plug, but what locks the rear of the knife onto the bracket?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love the 590A1, hands down the best pump shotgun available!

The bayonet attaches to the lug located at the bottom of magazine tube.

I saw some members were looking at various stock options; well I have tested a good number of the current options available and have made a growing list MossbergOwners.com • View topic - Mossberg 500 Aftermarket Stock (Buttstock) OPTIONS CHOICES

and for Remington 870 owners we just started RemingtonOwners.com • View topic - Remington 870 Aftermarket Stock (Buttstock) Options Choices

1 - 20 of 25 Posts