Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago or so I finally reentered the shotgunning world. I went into my local gun shop, and left with my "new" Mossberg 500 3in it came with a 21in smooth bore barrel and a 21in rifled barrel with iron sights. at $250, though I might have gotten a lower price elsewhere, I couldn't say no. so now she's home with me, and I am no longer without a shotgun:cool:

and of course, I HAD to get something to feed it

would have posted sooner, but the wife had the camera hidden in her "girl room"

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wasn't too sure about the cammo pattern, if I ever get the cash and feel motivated, I think i might get it Duracoated OD green, but for now, eh, I got me a shotty to shoot!!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's beautiful. If my local shop had one for $250 I'd buy it today, and I have no need for it. I have an 835 ultimag in camo with a 24" turkey barrel and a 24" rifled slug barrel.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took the "new" shotty to the range on Tuesday. just fired a few rounds, I have some military buckshot from Cabela's and wanted to see how it works. MAN, it's been a while, after years of shooting heavier semi-auto guns, that 12ga pump has a kick, but, comes back to target pretty quick. shooting 7 yards, for HD range, all of the pellets went in a nice 5in group in the center of the target. noticed that because I pull in with my left hand to snug the shotty to my shoulder, I have it half racked from the recoil, something I'll have to work on, but all in all, a nice reintroduction to shotgun shooting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts