Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first shotgun this last weekend. Mossberg 500, ATI collapsable stock w/ side-saddle for additional ammo.

It's been a LONG time since I last fired a shotgun... like 30 years... :? .... and that was a 20 ga, over & under.....so I got some training on how to use it.

Love the adjustable stock.... didn't like the standard, hard rubber buttpad.... looked like I got hit by a baseball bat after about 30 rounds of 12 ga!!

Picked up a Scorpion recoil reducing butt-pad to help with that issue. Hope it'll take care of that small problem.

I know.. I know... pictures!!! As soon as me, a camera and the Mossberg are in the same area I'll post 'em up. Looking forward to shooting and learning more about it!!!

:D

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new zombie killer... just had my mossberg out this past weekend trying out the new tactical grip from blackhawk and heat shield I installed. I will also need to add the butt pad as my shoulder ain't as young as it used to be. My 13 yr old handled it just fine and I don't think he was as sore as me at the end of the day.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice. i'm going to be getting a 500 soon too, and it sounds like it will be the same model. i might go for a standard 18" bbl though and do the stock/grip stuff myself. i found a collapsible side folding stock by mako and got really excited... then i saw it cost as much as the gun!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI, as a follow up..... I added a ATI "Stinger" recoil reducing butt-pad to replace the standard rubber one, and it was a huge improvement. Highly suggested for anyone, especially for the price (Less than $20) found on Ebay.

I know you guys want photos..... I'll get one posted as soon as me, the Mossy, and a camera are all in the same place at the same time!! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.