Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
many clubs demand a means to catch hulls on semi-autos as a courtesy to others.
btw...that pic is my pic from shotgun world. its how i catch em on my super x.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
wait until you have 4 others around you. its gonna feel crowded. and trust me, they will all be watching you until they get to know you.

Reactions: BigSkiff

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
put a thick rubber band over you ejection port to catch hulls. save yourself 20.00.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
secret to skeet and trap is not the gun you choose, but the choke.
you can shoot skeet with 18" bbls with cyl choke all day. your arm may be sore at the end, but it can be done.
trap? you need a full choke. its just plain simple math. shot wont go 40yds out a cyl choke with any consistancy.
this is why if you show up with a riot gun at a trap club, men will look at you funny for two reasons. one, they know you have a cyl choke and youre about to waste money and two, odds are you dont know the ettiquette. if its a relaxed club, guys will help out. if its a bunch of serious competition veterans, odds are theyll step out and let you flounder until youre done.
at my place, i dont care what kind of gun you shoot at skeet or trap. i just make suggestions to what choke you ought to be using and offer the right tools for the job no charge.
everyone on sgf is always welcome to come visit me in mo. i have 2 cyber meets a year and i invite raw new shooters to see how 7 different games are played for free. all you pay for are targets.
i had some guys from chicago come and indiana. so 12ga...you aint too far! come on by!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts