Shotgun Forums banner

enjoying my FAIR

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  oneounceload 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The worst thing about FAIR is that there aren't many dealers of these fine guns from Italy.
I got mine about a year ago. The fit and finish rival guns that cost a lot more. My gun has exceptional bluing, an English style hand checkered select Turkish Walnut stock with a matched fore stock. The receiver is scroll engraved and inset with gold inlay and a gold plated trigger.
It shoots like a dream, locks up very tight. It has selective barrel switch, single selective ejection and no automatic Safety.
If you're wondering about the company, FAIR is 1 of the 5 Rizzini gun companies from Italy. On the Rizzini scale I think they're down in 4th place but you have to remember the #1 Rizzini brother has guns that START at $30,000 and go up!
Anyway I picked mine up for about $2,000, a little less than a Chinese Browning. I think the retail on the gun was about $3,400 but it had sat on the dealers shelf for a long time so he gave me a deal on it.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a Padrone 20 and 28 ga combo gun my wife bought me 20 years ago at Cabela's and I love using the 28 on quail. Straight stock, selective triggers (which I had converted to double triggers by their gunsmith here in this country), and very plain round body with just some gold accents. No idea who ACTUALLY made it, since there is no information anywhere on it. Maybe it was made FOR Cabelas, who knows, but it is trim, light, and murder on flying critters. I even got lucky and folded a surprising chukar at 35 yards with it one day. I love this shotgun, and no it isn't perfect in the finish if examined closely, but has nice wood and with a .6 inch Pachmayr field pad on it it's very comfortable. The 28 just ROCKS! Especially since I came up with my own gauge conversion for my RCBS The Grand and can reload them flawlessly. I guess it really isn't worth much, given that it's so unknown, and the quality isn't collector grade, but it's a really important firearm to me since my wife bought it for a Christmas present for me. I have some old 28 gauge Briley sidekicks (the short ones) that have collected a limit of dove in a 12 gauge O/U as well.

#8 ·
Absolutely; the Citori line is, IMO better from a longevity standpoint, than the Belgian made Superposeds. I have several Japanese made Brownings and one has over 350K rounds and needs a second rebuild - the first was at 90K.

Are they svelte and light handling? NOPE. As my friend Bruce Buck, the Technoid, says - sewer pipes, BUT they go bang EVERY SINGLE TIME

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.