Shotgun Forums banner

Doug from Camera Land's Day 2 SHOT Show Report

792 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gr8fuldoug 
#1 ·

Doug from Camera Land's Day 2 SHOT Show Report

Decided to not book anything the 1st 2 hours today so I could take some time to look around the show and see if I could come across anything interesting. It was interesting, but, nothing caught my eye.

I started scheduled meetings with Athlon Optics. I really look forward to this meeting as I get to see Drake, my rep. He's such a personable guy that is a pleasure to work with. Being in KS I only get to see him here at SHOT. Great person to start my day off with. He's also a name to remember if you ever need any technical assistance at Athlon.
Athlon is expanding into Tripods, as I announced a few weeks ago. - "5 new tripods to cover any adventure from the most demanding PRS match, to a rugged mountain terrain hunt. The CF (carbon fiber) series includes 4 sizes to match support needs while keeping weight in mind. 10-layers of vibration-dampening carbon fiber and a robust ball head can support 33 to 88 lbs depending on the model. The budget-friendly AL (aluminum) series is perfectly suited to casual outdoor enthusiasts, bird watchers, or hunters needing a spotting optic tripod. Both the CF and AL series tripod utilize an arca-swiss style compatible mount, suitable for a wide range of accessories including arca rail equipped firearms."
CF40/CF36/CF32/CF29 - The CF (carbon fiber) series is available in 4 leg diameters as indicated by their name. All CF models include a carrying case, molle-style leg wraps, a tripod hammock, a carrying sling, a shoulder pad to easily reposition your tripod, as well as optional spiked feet. Ideally suited to long range shooters, the ball head is compatible with arca-swiss style rails and accessories. Models range from $429.99 to $649.99
AL28 - The AL series includes a carrying case and optional spiked feet. The AL28 features an adjustable center shaft to easily adjust the height to the users preference. This affordable tripod is geared towards outdoor enthusiasts or those looking for a dedicated spotting optic tripod.

As you may have seen this past year has been a nightmare of product shortages. Athlon was thrilled to share with me that they've been getting great deliveries of Helos BTR's, Argos Binoulars, Spotters and Riflescopes, Talos BTR's, Ares ETR's & Ares Spotting Scopes This is fantastic news (especially during out SHOT Show Sale through the 24th)

Leupold . 2021 was our best year with Leupold in years. We got a new rep, who is proactive and very helpful. We had a great meeting as he shared details of their new Patrol 6HD 1-6X24 CDS-ZL2 Illuminated CMR2
GUARD-ION
HIGH DEFINITION
CDS-ZL2 ELEVATION DIAL
ELECTRONIC RETICLE LEVEL
ALUMINA® FLIPBACK LENS COVERS INCLUDED
REVERSIBLE THROW LEVER

I asked, and was pleased to hear, that the insane backorders of the Firedot Reticle scopes is easing up due to an increase of chip availability and we'll be getting in the scopes again shortly.

I checked out the new RX-FullDraw 5 Rangefinder
Built for the bowhunter and the competitive archer, the new RX-FullDraw® 5 is the most ballistically advanced archery rangefinder on the market. Using your bow’s velocity, peep height, your arrow weight, and the angles of your shots, it calculates laser-accurate ranges based on your specific gear.

Next extremely worthwhile addition to their lineup is the new Delta Point Micro Glock & Delta Point Micro S&W M&P
No red dot on the market is more compact. This design delivers all of the accuracy of a traditional red dot while maintaining a compact profile that’s ideal for conceal carry and personal defense. It’s a direct replacement for the rear factory iron sight and because it mounts at the same height, it’s perfect for anyone transitioning to a red dot sight for the first time. The fully enclosed system provides complete protection from the elements and ensures it will perform in the harshest conditions, while adjustable illumination settings make the DeltaPoint Micro extremely accurate in any conditions.

Got together with my reps from Warne Rings Great guys who offer a quality affordable product. They assure me that production delays will be shortened and they will make sure we have a good supply of inventory.

I had an odd meeting over at Konus. If you recall we started carrying Konus a few years ago after a deep dive into brands that offer quality options in an economic price range. We had a great chat but Stefano couldn't show me any of the new products as their shipment got sent elsewhere and he was sitting in the booth with no product. Great to see him and catch up and he's sending me some details on new optics so stay tuned.

Very Excited about my next meeting. I headed off to Sightmark / Pulsar. Our rep is the greatest rep there is. He could teach other reps how to do their jobs. He is the reason we had our best year ever in Thermals. He assists in every way possible with making sure, when there's a question of what is the best solution for a particular application, of explaining what and why. Great new products from Sightmark & Pulsar

Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec M2 Solar

Dual power options (solar and CR1632 batteries)
3 MOA Dot
20,000+ hours of operating time
Automatic brightness adjustment
IP67 Waterproof
Fully enclosed design
Mounts to Weaver and Picatinny rails
Fits pistols with RMR® footprint
Maximum Caliber – .45 ACP

Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec M3 Solar
Dual power options (solar and CR1620 batteries)
3 MOA Dot
20,000+ hours of operating time
Automatic brightness adjustment
IP67 Waterproof
Fully enclosed design
Mounts to Weaver and Picatinny rails
Fits pistols with RMS-C® footprint
Maximum Caliber – .45 ACP

Sightmark Wraith 4K Monocular
Built-in USB
4k/1080p imaging
1-8x digital zoom
Built-in photo and video recording
4k (3840x2160) sensor
Polymer housing
2 CR123A batteries
Integrated LED IR at 850nm
Auto-adjust IR

Pulsar Talion XQ38 - Pulsar’s Talion XQ38 is an exciting thermal addition to Pulsar’s extensive catalogue! With a 384x288 microbolometer sensor resolution, the Talion detects heat signatures up to 1475 yards! Boasting a variable magnification of 2.5-10x, the Talion expertly locates heat signatures in total darkness. The Talion features built-in photo and video recording and a multi-point prism mount to aid in exact positioning on the rifle.
384x288 microbolometer resolution
2.5x-10x magnification
1475-yard detection range
Photo and video recording
Wi-Fi connectivity and Stream Vision 2 app supported
Waterproof, IPX7 rated housing
9 hours of battery life on a single charge
Ten reticles in nine colors
Picture-in-Picture mode
Multiple color palettes

Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XP50 Pro Thermal Riflescope - Pulsar’s Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO is a potent thermal imaging riflescope that combines a classic, sleek design with a built-in laser rangefinder.
640x480 microbolometer resolution
1024x768 AMOLED Display
Detects heat signatures up to 2,000 yards away
2x-16x magnification
Built-in photo and videorecording
Included laser rangefinder with 875-yard range
Wi-Fi connectivity and supported by Stream Vision 2 App
IPX7 Fully Waterproof
10 reticle shapes in 9 colors
Picture-in-Picture mode
5 unique shooting profiles
Withstands calibers including 12 gauge, 9.3x64 and .375 H&H

Pulsar Krypton FXG50 Thermal Imaging Front Attachment Kit - Without fuss, this device quickly converts your daytime riflescope to a full-feature thermal optic, without requiring you to re-zero!
HD AMOLED display
Quickly replaceable IPS7 batteries ensure up to 8 hours of non-stop operation
Video/photo recording
WiFi connectivity with the StreamVision app for Firmware updates, reviewing and sharing the footage you captured, ballistic calculators and much more

There's so many reasons why when it comes to Thermal Pulsar is all you need to know

I stopped for a gelato, Vanilla on top of Cappuccino and back to the room to type this up. More tomorrow and remember to visit our new SHOT Show Page for new product announcements and opportunities for you

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.