Shotgun Forums banner

Doug from Camera Land's Day 1 SHOT Show Report

580 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gr8fuldoug 
#1 ·

Doug from Camera Land's Day 1 SHOT Show Report

SHOT actually is happening and Day 1 was a busy day. I actually started yesterday with a Monday meeting with Element Optics which went so in depth and awesome that we reconvened this morning for an hour. Element Optics is owned by FX Airguns. They offer a nice line of riflescopes. We began carrying their scopes this past Summer and everything about Element has impressed us. Quality product with hands on leadership and an ear willing to listen to suggestions and criticism. We discussed many different things and at this time all I can say is stay tuned. Great things are coming.

I went over to Meopta next. Always nice to chat with David and Erik. I was pleased to look at their new Meopro Plus Binoculars. "This completely redesigned Gen 2 version of the award-winning MeoPro binocular line is available in 10x42 HD and 8x56 HD models.
Next Erik showed me what I feel safe in saying is a solid home run and contender for Best in Show, their new MeoSport R 3-15x50 RD 4C Riflescope. Side focus from 10 yards to infinity, exposed 0.1 Mil windage and elevation adjustments with zero-reset turrets that lock, and an illuminated 4C red dot reticle all for only $449.99. This is the hunting scope you've been wanting at a price everyone can be thrilled with.

Even though Burris was not here at SHOT, my great Burris go to guy, Phil, was here and we were able to meet. So thrilled we were able to. We went over the new XTR Pro Riflescope "Our best competition riflescope ever, the XTR Pro once again raises the bar for PRS and NRL style competition shooting. Designed and manufactured in Greeley, Colorado, this next-generation long-range competition optic puts you on target at extreme ranges with innovation only Burris can provide. Outpace the competition with exclusive features including the Burris Quick Detach Race Dial and new Tool-less Zero Click Stop Elevation Knob, and achieve better accuracy with three reticle options and best-in-class optical clarity."
I was also informed that they'll be launching a new ballistic app shortly.

Next up was GPO. Great seeing Tony and Mike. These guys are such a pleasure to work with. Old school optics industry guys who care about what they do and the products they offer. So excited to see their new 8x32 and 10x32 RANGEGUIDE Binoculars with a price of under $1,200.00 - Check out This Video AWESOME new product.
Then we checked out their GPOTAC 6x 4.5-27x50i FFP - LR PRO #RS670 Riflescope :
Magnifying first focal plane
34mm main tubes
Large mil-rad locking target turrets
iControl™ illumination
Custom mil-spec LRi-Pro reticle
6x zoom technology
Removable magnification throw lever
GPObright™ lens coating technology
Double HD™ objective lenses
GPOTAC 1-8x24i FFP Riflescope:
Magnifying first focal plane
34mm main tubes
Large mil-rad locking target turrets
iControl illumination
Custom mil-spec horseshoe reticle
8x zoom technology
GPObright lens coating technology
Double HD objective lenses

My next meeting was with Rich at Zeiss. Such a great meeting. No new products to speak of, however, their back order issues seem to be clearing up and deliveries will start to flow much better. Great news that we'll be able to get you the Zeiss you've been wanting without a long delay.
We should be receiving some of their LRP S5 Riflescopes "Your demands for excellent optics at PRS and NRL competitions are met with the all-new LRP S5. Both models utilize a 34 mm main tube, European-style fast-focus eyepiece, Ballistic Stop elevation turret (with 40.7 MRAD or 140 MOA of total elevation travel), and an external locking windage turret."

I stopped for a gelato, Vanilla chocolate chip, and back to the room to type this up. More tomorrow and remember to visit our new SHOT Show Page for new product announcements and opportunities for you

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.