Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after seeing this video on youtube:

it motivated me to try it out. I havent thought about double tapping with a shotgun before because I train more with my pistol then shotgun even though my shotgun would be my go-to firearm incase a HD situation comes along. So, this got me to try it on my HD shotgun. This shotgun I just got 3 months ago and only put at least 100 rounds through it. I still need practice on it. Im still slow and this is my first time trying this technuiqe. Hope I can get better and faster.

I was shooting 1oz slugs from walmart at a 30 yard 13" metal plate. I guess it was ok for first time...still need more trigger time though.. LOTS of it!

anyone tried this out too?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to hold the trigger down and just pump. That's what I've done before.

-E
Well, that would work assuming your shotgun doesn't have a disconnect, like my old Savage. Any shotgun made in the past few decades usually comes with one, which means you have to reset your trigger before you can squeeze off that 2nd round. ;)

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to hold the trigger down and just pump. That's what I've done before.

-E
What model shotgun?

What you describe is "slam fire"; older shotguns--older Ithaca's and Winchester M12's--can do this...however, newer shotguns have been designed to not do this.

In short--if you've got a M500/590, 870 or 1300 that does this--it's malfunctioning.

Whther you want to fix this malfunction or not...welll...;)

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I shot was a cheap-o one my brother got from Farm Fleet in Wisconsin. I don't think it was that old either. Maybe late 90's he got it?

On the subject of Mossbergs, can they be "modified" to do slam fire?

I thought it was the funnest thing I ever did with a 12 gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts