Points I disagree with in that read:
1. Spring fatigue- This has been talked to death and also proven to not exist, springs fatigue with use not remaining under pressure.
2. Advocating birdshot for HD- Again talked to death and proven to not be an effective round to stop a threat, don't use it.
3. Visual effect- Counting on brandishing a firearm to scare an aggressor is just plain stupid. If someone has entered your home uninvited they are there to cause you harm of even death, be prepared to stop the threat immediately with justifiable force.
Points I do agree with in that read:
1. Double barrels make fine defensive shotguns- Use what you have and what you are comfortable with. A fancy HD weapon will do you no good if it never sees range time and you are unfamiliar with its operation.
2. Double barrels are simple to operate- Similar to my last statement, 2 rounds loaded, cock hammers and fire. No pump to work, no bolt release, no searching for magazine port.
3. Double barrels are well accepted- Shotguns period are the most commonly owned firearm in the US. If a self defense situation arises and you shoot a threat you can count on being scrutinized by the police, possibly a prosecutor and maybe even a jury. Tactical, zombie killing guns don't look to good when waved around in a courtroom as evidence.
Bottome line, use a good quality buckshot in your shotgun, familiarize yourself with its operation, and be prepared for the worst outcome.