Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an indoor range a last year, just tearing up the paper with the HD pump.
I heard the 2 guys next to me say "we should get this guy to train us on the shotgun"
They were 2 local cops, LOL
I did engage them in conversation and asked why they would need a trainer?
They said I looked like an aggressive shooter.
Well I said "when it comes to home defense I guess I am"
Gave them my card and never heard from them again.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
LOL that's awesome! You gave me an idea! I might just need to go down to the indoor range and blow off some steam :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was at an indoor range a last year, just tearing up the paper with the HD pump.
I heard the 2 guys next to me say "we should get this guy to train us on the shotgun"
They were 2 local cops, LOL
I did engage them in conversation and asked why they would need a trainer?
They said I looked like an aggressive shooter.
Well I said "when it comes to home defense I guess I am"
Gave them my card and never heard from them again.
My local indoor range does not allow shotguns. :mad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good shotgunners are somewhat rare compared to other weapon types.. we actually like the recoil and the massive firepower a good shottie can deliver

I even like shooting my SPAS 12 with the all metal folding buttstock

·
Registered
51 Posts
One of the local police depts. had a little lead flinging session last year. 3 of the towns finest against 1 slightly inebreated individual. The score, a tie, 0-0, with approx 30 rounds exchanged. The dept does a qual once a year, thats almost criminal. If your life depended possibly on your ability to use it, I would try to find someone. I can shoot in my backyard, and I do 100 rounds of handgun every week, with rifle and shotgun mixed in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Our future homesite is a dream come true for shooting.. right out the back door is 50K + acres of timber co land and they just logged the 800 acres behind the home site, so I am going to set up a CQ combat range and a 100 yard range

They did replant but I'll work around that

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 36 acres, and am surrounded by farm land, and I have a 2 acre pond . We have about 3 acres that are cleared, my closest neighbor is an old farmer that is one of the coolest guys around. I hunt the coyotes off his pastures that mess with his cows. Its really the perfect setup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very much so, we owned the old place outright, so we ended up with a really good deal. The gas company found nat gas on the property and put a well in, free gas, and we get a royalty check. The royalty is enough to pay our taxes . I dont have neighbors fighting next door, or listen to their toilet flush, or kids scream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts