Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
haven't seen any on here. someone must have dog's. I've got three now. Just brought home a Red Setter pup to go with my two e. Setters.

Bodie

Squirt

Stormy

Took some new photo's of Stormy and though I'd add one here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice looking setters. Are you finding any birds? We don't have many quail left in West Tennessee, so I have to buy some to put out to get the dogs some work.
Here's a few pics of my dogs:

Dixie

Sally

Duke

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking dog's! Birds near home are about a thing of the past. There are pocket's of chukar but number's are really down so I hear. Can walk chukar country much any more. There are some Hun's but 120 mi trip to get to them. Hard to do on SS. Have a few quail left out in the pen, love them but these are old and don't fly much at all anymore. For next year I'm going to find me a bunch of day old Quail again or maybe chukar. Like the quail best because they aren't native here, don't need any proof I own them if checked. Do manage a preserve near here once or twice a year. Taking family with me on two trips this year, I'm the only one in the family with bird dogs!

'It's sad to live in the area I do and have next to no birds around. Down on the John Day by the river there's a couple small covey's of quail the past pew years but this year, no contact with them. Up the hill beside the river there's been a small covey of hun's the past few years. Haven't shot any out of them but doesn't seem to help. Maybe there's other's going in when I'm not there. Problem seem's to be that the cheat has been pretty much wiped out by a weed called methuselah. Need the cheat for the birds. used to be a lot of pheasants down there but a state wide newspaper had their outdoor editor do a couple article's on Clarno, best kept secret in Ore. Well for the next several years everybody in the state showed up for their share. Relatively small piece of land and couldn't take the pressure; Clarno is now a game bird waste land.

On the good side, I have permission to use a local ranch and makes a good place to plant birds for the dog's. Adult chukar here cost $9 each or $17 on a preserve. Pays to get your own birds.

I love the chukar hills but can't do them anymore, really bad knees. But I caan still do the easy stuff and don't care so much about the kill anymore but love watching my dog's work.

Got a couple new photo's of my Stormy.

Stormy's dad on point. Shooting dog stake in Wash.

'
Don't have a good photo of his mom. I always judge the shooting dog. Friend got stormy's dad for me. Mom was the 2010/2011 Region 10 Shooting Dog of the year. Blew my mind first time I watched her.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey treedaddy. Found this photo of Brownlee res. over on the snake river. From the last trip I made there about four years ago.

This one is from up on top where a couple friends took off walking. Would have liked to do it but knee's won't carry me to well any more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey treedaddy. Found this photo of Brownlee res. over on the snake river. From the last trip I made there about four years ago.

This one is from up on top where a couple friends took off walking. Would have liked to do it but knee's won't carry me to well any more.
Wow. Great looking country. I would love to try chukar hunting one day, but that would be a long drive from Tennessee. I go to South Dakota every year
to hunt pheasant and grouse. I have found a few coveys of huns through the years and that was fun.
Here's a few South Dakota pics:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have some mighty nice looking dogs. I had a Weimaraner dog when I was younger. It came from champion lines. That dog would watch me and with a hand gesture it would move the direction I indicated for it to move. She was such a good hunter. I did not train this dog to do this. It just knew to do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
that's not too far from the Remington Lonoke range.

·
Registered
420 Posts
jpg.gif IMG_0240.JPG (1.54 MB)

This is my first attempt at photos, these are two of my pups, both were adopted. They rescued me from myself. Monte is on the left and has gone on to the big beyond. Cobie is an adopted guy from Tennessee and rules the roost here in Florida. Hunting? No, however Monte would bring home squirrels all by his lonesome. Cobie was a formerly abused pup. He's smiling now, wouldn't you agree?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rainbow Bridge

I also have some friends waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge; Ginger (Yellow Lab) and Rusty (Miniature Poodle). Kota (Setter) was just a pup in the photo and is now an active Senior Citizen.

The Rainbow Bridge
RainbowBridge.com Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
2016 Grouse Hunt, Baxter State Park- Maine

Otto (Indaba's Field and Stream) and Jetta (Indaba's Persuasion) locate a grouse along an old logging trail in Baxter State Park. Indaba's Weimaraner's are bred to the original German standards - a truly loyal and versatile hunting dog.

Got the bird with my late Dad'a JP Sauer Model 60 20 gauge. It's a quick handling shotgun with Skeet1/Skeet 2 chokes.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks DAR. I remember being comforted by that Rainbow Bridge story. I have a few buddies waiting also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts