Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Buckeye state. Actually had a buckeye tree in my front yard growing up so I know what one actually looks like...not just Brutus at the Shoe. Still looking for a wolverine in Michigan:).

Couldn't help myself. Born and raised in Ohio, but lived in that great state up north and go up there when ever I can. Only one November Saturday when I'm not rooting for the Blue. OSU dental school a long time ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Intro's aside, need some help. I have a 1969 20 ga Wingmaster I got for Christmas at 16. Hunting with dad and my brother scored a lot of pheasants. Still do the occasional hunting thing but with times that they are, what are you your recommendations for turning this into a HD weapon?

I found a plain barrel that I can reduce to 18.5". I'm thinking keeping the original butt stock but adding a replaceable forearm with a rail for a light. Also, 4 shot ok for HD? Thoughts?

The original walnut goes in storage until upland time BTW.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
put a riot bbl on it and be done. nothing else needed.
all the rest of the stuff you see people trying to sell is just fad junk, trying to make guns look cool.
save your money.
btw...when was the last time you fired more than 1 round at someone to defend yourself?

exactly.

again, its hog wash. 4 is more than enough.
1 is all youll need, 2 is just fine.

the big mistake in this HD craze is the difference between tactics and defense. defense you stand you ground. tactical is offense.

what in the world would someone need to attack something with a shotgun?

exactly.
thus...tactical shotguns are for military applications and defense is for home application.
ifyou cant reload 2 rounds in a shotgun in a defense position fast enough, youre not in a very secure area.

attaching a light to your gun gives perps a point of aim.
you never put a light on your gun.
you hold it your other hand.

again...it looks cool, so people fall for it.

Reactions: davidlars

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
i hate to see people waste good money on things that are fads.
thanks for believing me.
unless you live in a ghetto, odds are, a shotgun will never be used in defense for more than one shot. its why in the the old days, people had stevens crack shots and it was enough. ok...use it for an occasional rat or stray dog, but geesh, now everyone wants to load up for an invasion.
drives me nuts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right. One does get caught up in the militia hoarding thing. Me included. 3 handguns, a rifle, and my 870 should hold down the fort. In the meantime, I think I'll go fly fishing...with my 9mm in the vest. Never know who or what you might meet in the stream.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts