Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on with you fellows? Not much coming out about either of you. I know with supply shortages it's cut down on shooting, have you all stopped going to shoots? If you don't mind speak a few syllables let us know of the goings on of the Florida Shooters. Thanks guys !:cool:

·
Registered
602 Posts
What's going on with you fellows? Not much coming out about either of you. I know with supply shortages it's cut down on shooting, have you all stopped going to shoots? If you don't mind speak a few syllables let us know of the goings on of the Florida Shooters. Thanks guys !:cool:
Mrs. One eye, The Colonel and I have been doing some SC's shooting on a weekly basis. With Summer coming on The Colonel will be heading North for a couple of months so Mrs. and I will be shooting on the good days. On the bad days (rain & high heat and humidity) we will be doing some in door shooting at our local gun range. I am experiencing some health issues and need to get those cleared up before we can do any traveling to shoot. Grandson , his wife and. Great grandson will be returning to FL in mid July and I (we) look forward to doing some shooting with them. Ammo is still tight but there are some signs of prices dropping.. Good luck and good health to all !

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear from you. You kinda been AWOL on us. Sorry to hear of the health issues, hope all can be fixed. I'm like you hoping for it to open up some so we all can get back to normal. We did have a shipment of shot and powder come in last week. I hope more comes in to keep us going. Keep us up to date on your health, all the best to you.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
I have been shooting 5-stand at a new County facility in Thomasville. Missed the last two local (1.5 hours away) sporting clays shoots due to weather and other committments. Hope to make the next two coming up in July

·
Registered
602 Posts
One-eyed - you ever go shoot at Blackjack in Sumterville?
Yes we have been there a couple of times... liked the set up but, both times we were there we ran into the love-bug season. Those little buggers play heck with the SC's LOL !

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know you're still shooting. With all that's going on it is hard to accomplish much. Are you shooting in Thomasville Ga.? Good luck in the up coming shoots.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oneounce have you shot any AFS events? Read an article about a shoot in Forsyth, Ga. Gamebore Classic Tour. Seems like I read where you liked them shoots.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Oneounce have you shot any AFS events? Read an article about a shoot in Forsyth, Ga. Gamebore Classic Tour. Seems like I read where you liked them shoots.
I went to that shoot specifically to shoot that event 3 hours each way was worth it to me. I am contemplating going to the South Central regional in Louisiana in September - 6 hours each way - to shoot the AFS and FITASC events - I prefer both of those over regular sporting; even Super Sporting I find more fun and challenging than regular sporting

Here is the official website with rules and short videos on how each layout works. The originators took some aspects from Super Sporting, FITASC, 5 stand and came up with this new variation

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Like FITASC, integrity........they also have refs so no whipping the pencil. Personally, I shoot either Remington STS 1-1/8 @ 1235 or Winchester/Euro 1 oz loads @ 1250. I save the reloads for practice.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the web site. I looked it over and looks to be a great shoot coming up. I hope you go and do well, besides you'll get to eat and drink cajun! I picked up a Clay Target Nation at the club I go to and seen the Forsyth Ga article.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just looking at a map and Tickfaw is just a little south of there. They use to run field trials on those grounds. Fine grounds around that place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts