Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use my standard 870 express as an HD shotty when I need to. Anybody know where the cheapest place to find an 18.5 in barrel for a remington 870? I know Cabelas has an 18 inch for $120, but doesn't the 18in fall 1/2in short of matching up with a magazine extension? I don't know much about shotties, but I was told 18.5 in is better than the 18 in. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the 870 with 18" barrel from the factory. I also have a 2 shot magazine extension from the factory (for 6+1), they line up perfectly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told 18.5 in is better than the 18 in. Any help would be great.
For in the house ranges we are talking distances of what? Less than 15ft? I can't see a half inch mattering.

I have the Remington 18in from Cabelas on mine with the standard magazine tube. If 4 rounds of 00 buckshot don't solve your problems, your problems will solve you.

I Have seen places selling Mossberg Barrels for an 870 for a lot less money ($75 or so). This has put me under the impression a Mossberg 500 barrel will fit a Remington 870 but I won't swear to it.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For in the house ranges we are talking distances of what? Less than 15ft? I can't see a half inch mattering.

I have the Remington 18in from Cabelas on mine with the standard magazine tube. If 4 rounds of 00 buckshot don't solve your problems, your problems will solve you.

I Have seen places selling Mossberg Barrels for an 870 for a lot less money ($75 or so). This has put me under the impression a Mossberg 500 barrel will fit a Remington 870 but I won't swear to it.
Mossberg just happens to make aftermarket barrels for the 870. The 500 and 870 barrels DO NOT interchange.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Odd that they're make accessories for a competitor's products.
Good business I would say.. They may not have bought the complete shotgun from us, but they might buy some parts for it.

I think I read somewhere the 870 is the most common shotgun in the world. Who wouldn't want to get in on that action?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts