Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Charles Daly tactical pump shotgun, 18.5in, ghost ring sights on an auction site for around $250. I have heard all about the Remington 870 & the Mossberg 500 & 590 but nothing about the Charles Daly shotguns. Does anyone here have any input on this shotgun; reliability, fit & finish, a good HD gun, is $250 a good price?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I saw these when I was looking for a shotgun. LEO friend of mine told me to stay away. I have heard from others that their warranty is pretty good, but other than that don't know much about their quality.

I think the price seems pretty high. I bought a Rem870 with 7+1 capacity, brand new in december for $300.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah for very little more you can get the 870. Parts and accessories are widely available and they are great guns. I have heard that the CD uses many of the accessories for the 870 but I can't confirm that.

Sorry I can't offer any info on the CD.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STAY AWAY. Guy had one of these when i was qualifying on the shotgun range. It failed to fire more than it would fire, and wouldnt eject half the time, and it was brand new. Go buy a mossberg at a pawn shop for 100$ hell you could buy 2 for 250$

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'll stay away from the Charles Daly & try & decide between the Remington 870 #81198 and the Mossberg 590 #51663. Decisions, decisions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts