Shotgun Forums banner

buckmark

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RKB 
#1 ·
I have two things maintaining my Buckmark.
The first is the screws on top get untight. I am not into using locktight yet.

The second is the spring/coil and the rod. I feels the rod is just a bit to long, disassembly is doable, but re-assembling is a hazard.
Do I mis the trick?

#3 ·
First of all welcome from Texas.

A shotgun forum might not be your best bet on asking questions about Browning Pistols though.

I am sure there are some other forums that are more geared to your question. As Flash noted...Loctite (or even clear fingernail polish) has been used for gun issues for probably since it was invented.

Good luck and all the best.

#6 ·
Do yourself a favor, always use Blue Locktight. Just a suggestion, take a look at the following Youtube video. Not guaranteeing anything, but, you just might see a solution to your problem.

Hope this helps!

#9 ·
Back when I was in the business in the early 80's, a Coast Guard PO stationed in Galveston, brought me an old original Winchester 1886 in a pillowcase and cigar box. He had a neighbor that gave it to him thinking since he was in the Military that he could put together any firearm. His neighbor told him that he had mostly taken it apart to clean in and it was more complicated than he thought, so he put all the small pieces in the cigar box and all the bigger stuff in the pillowcase. :D Funny thing...as far as I could tell, he didn't clean a thing.

Anyway...I gave him a price to clean and reassemble (I think ~$35 bucks back then) with the caveat that any missing parts would be extra. He hemmed and hawed but finally agreed. I had one quick thought to offer him a hundred bucks for it, but didn't. Every single part and screw were there and in good shape. I almost couldn't believe it since his neighbor said he hadn't touched it in almost 20 years. It cleaned up nicely. It was a 33 WCF, which I didn't have and kind of kick myself for not offering the guy the out.

I did notice the OP has not been back to visit since his initial post though. Another Drive-by. This site seems to get tons of them.

#10 ·
Back when I was in the business in the early 80's, a Coast Guard PO stationed in Galveston, brought me an old original Winchester 1886 in a pillowcase and cigar box. He had a neighbor that gave it to him thinking since he was in the Military that he could put together any firearm. His neighbor told him that he had mostly taken it apart to clean in and it was more complicated than he thought, so he put all the small pieces in the cigar box and all the bigger stuff in the pillowcase. :D Funny thing...as far as I could tell, he didn't clean a thing.

Anyway...I gave him a price to clean and reassemble (I think ~$35 bucks back then) with the caveat that any missing parts would be extra. He hemmed and hawed but finally agreed. I had one quick thought to offer him a hundred bucks for it, but didn't. Every single part and screw were there and in good shape. I almost couldn't believe it since his neighbor said he hadn't touched it in almost 20 years. It cleaned up nicely. It was a 33 WCF, which I didn't have and kind of kick myself for not offering the guy the out.

I did notice the OP has not been back to visit since his initial post though. Another Drive-by. This site seems to get tons of them.
Not unusual, most sites get a lot of these, someone posts a question on multiple sites, gets an answer somewhere, then never returns to the rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.