Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen his name show up here someplace and recognized it from articles I read several years back. Seems like it was in Connecticut Travelers or something to that effect. Does he still write? If you know fill me in, he wrote some good stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bruce is the very knowledgeable Gun Editor for Shooting Sportsman Magazine. He covers a new gun each issue. He also authors a blog as The Technoid that answers a wide array of questions shotgun related matters. OneOunceLoad can give us all more details as I believe he shoots with him on occasion.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
I know Bruce well; we used to shoot together a lot. He always brought his review guns to the ckub for all of us to try and make comments, most of which wound up on the pages of Shooting Sportsman magazine.
I am trying to finagle his Perazzi 28 gauge out of him for a liveable price. Being the Scot he is, it isn't easy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bruce is in my gun club in central Florida. He still prefers skeet but shoots with my sporting clays squad on occasion and frequently goes to lunch with us after shooting. About the best lunch companion you'll ever find.(y)

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Bruce is in my gun club in central Florida. He still prefers skeet but shoots with my sporting clays squad on occasion and frequently goes to lunch with us after shooting. About the best lunch companion you'll ever find.(y)
He used to do the readers and Writers hunts fro Shooting Sportsman where folks paid extra to go to one of the Orvis/Beretta type places and hunt, eat and chat with folks like him or others from that mag. Not only did he get to hunt for free, he got PAID to do it............nice gig.

How is BJ now that Dale is in prison? Before that opened we all shot together outside Dunnellon at Robinson Ranch.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Bruce had it built for Argentina (and never took it there); MX-8 20 gauge frame, 80CM barrels (31.5"), fixed chokes at .016 (TIGHT Mod) weighs about 7.4#; flat leaf spring drop out trigger group, nice wood
and it fits me as I have shot it..............Bruce is real good about letting just about anyone shoot any of the guns he brought to the club - especially the review guns he was writing about

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bruce had it built for Argentina (and never took it there); MX-8 20 gauge frame, 80CM barrels (31.5"), fixed chokes at .016 (TIGHT Mod) weighs about 7.4#; flat leaf spring drop out trigger group, nice wood
and it fits me as I have shot it..............Bruce is real good about letting just about anyone shoot any of the guns he brought to the club - especially the review guns he was writing about
Kind of curious that Bruce specified a single constriction for both barrel. I guess it was intended as a target gun. Sounds like a beautiful gun!

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Kind of curious that Bruce specified a single constriction for both barrel. I guess it was intended as a target gun. Sounds like a beautiful gun!
It was because he went with a non-selective trigger group; it smashed sporting targets as good as any 12

1 - 10 of 10 Posts