Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about the Browning Maxus. I'm thinking about picking one up and I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought one two years ago. Had loading problems right out of the box. Complained to Browning and they told me it needed to be cleaned and lubed. Still the same problem. Sent it back to browning and they did something to it. When it came back it was better, but still jammed (duck and goose loads, no light loads). Talked to them again and sent it back. They sent me a new gun with the same issue. I returned it to the shop I bought it from and got a SBE. It is a shame because I have shot Brownings for decades with no problems. My opinion is they still have a ways to go on the Maxus

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see a lot of them at the club. Guys who have them do tend to be be loyal to them. They do like to be clean. Run them dirty and they will start to FTF with light loads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had mine for 3 years and have had 3 problems. 2 james that could of been the shells fault and one where it was clean but not oiled enough on opening day. I do overall love the gun. I did have a friends friend tell me the same issues on his and sold it with no repair so I am not sure what is up with a few of these guns?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts