Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been contemplating getting one for awhile. Does anyone have any experience with them? I want a reliable o/u. Have the fixed the striker pin issue they had back in 2008?

Thanks
Meaty

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good reason for my first post!

I purchased a Cynergy sporting (synthetic) last fall for skeet/sporting clays. Put 1500 or so rounds through it over the winter without a hiccup. Absolutely love it. Another "top" shooter at my club has the same version in wood. He has put thousands of rounds through his with no issues.

My recommendation is to compare a Cynergy to a new 725 and go with what feels best.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Bought a 30" sporting model when they first came out. 25str. right out of the box. Never had a hiccup with it since new. Highly recommend it, best skeet and trap gun I ever bought.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
watch those funky pads...they tend to seperate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been interested in a Cynergy Feather Composite in 12ga. 28" bbl. It's light and the special recoil pad reduces the kick a lot. Best price I've seen is ~$2300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Makes me ask the question: What is the difference amoung Browning Trap (perhaps all applications) O/U models, the Citori, 725 Citori, Cynergy? Browning has a great website, but does not provide a comparison matrix. I am going to buy a new trap gun, would appreciate feedback as to the various models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great discussion - But how does the Cynergy compare to the Citori, Citori 725 and other Browning models. My specific interest is Trap versions of each. However, a comparison of features, e.g., chrome barrels, solid steel recievers? What justifies the cost difference between Browning models?

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
different design, suppose to have less kick, funky pads that smiths hate.
i prefer the older guns. brownings have always been marketed for the well to do and browning fans. they arent meant to be economical guns. believe it or not, there are people out there who wont buy something unless its expensive, so they can seperate themselves from the commoners.
browning helps them achieve that.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
btw...i served with a fellow from nashua. i was his best man. the picard family. his father was a tin bender.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bobski-Don't know Picards

Bobski,

Thanks for your input on Browning models. As for your friend Picard in Nashua - no, I do not know any Picards, but there are quite a few in the city,

DaveNorth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts