Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across a Browning a5 mag. I took it apart, and I'm not sure what order the bronze ring and friction ring go back on.
I read something about the bronze ring warping if its in the wrong spot.

This is how I put it back together. correct?

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
look in the inside of the forearm. is the diagram still there?

btw...you have it set up for heavy field loads.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
it all depends on what load youre shooting. see below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the diagram is no longer there. My dad always complained because it did not cycle shells. I think he did say something about having to shoot heavy loads through it for it not to jam.
So the way I re-assembled it is correct for heavy loads?
light loads the friction ring would be on the other side of the spring, correct?

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
yep. as pictured.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I am new to the forum and ran across this post. I have a similar issue with my A500G. I know it's not an A5, but would either of you be able to help. I posted in the Browning forum:

Need help with Browning A500G
I have an A500G 12 gauge. It has been very reliable and I shoot mostly skeet with it. I performed a routine cleaning of the gas system, but when I went to reassemble it, I had a flat washer I couldn't place. It doesn't show up on the expanded view drawing in the manual and it's not mentioned at all in the reassembly directions. The washer fits over the magazine tube perfectly, but I don't know if it goes before or after the sleeve bar, gas piston, or gas cylinder. Any ideas?

I'd be happy to add pics if it would help.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
post a pic of all parts....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts