Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Place called GI Brass (Jeff Bartel) selling powder called BR%. new military surplus?? Supposed to be "Similar" to Unique???
Anyone use this powder in 12ga?? Any load data with 23/4" Gun Clubs, Win 209 primer & figure 8 wads??
Any info greatly appreciated. Take care & be safe...

·
975 Posts
All I could find was this:

BR-5 Recently acquired. Brand new, current production. This is a double-based ball
type powder, originally intended for 9x19mm ammo. Meters very consistently.
Burning rate is similar to Hercules Unique, which data can be used. Additional
data available on request. Clean burning with consistent results.
This is new powder, not pulldown.

And here's some Unique load data which includes 12 gauge gun clubs: Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy Flash & thanks. Yea, that's all I could find on it. He did send me some data for handgun but not a bunch??

·
975 Posts
What handgun rounds are you looking for data on? There's a ton of it at the Alliant powder reloader's guide link I posted above.

Plus, I've been reloading unique in 45 Colt, .45 ACP, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, 9MM and .380 ACP for a long, long time.

Love that stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What handgun rounds are you looking for data on? There's a ton of it at the Alliant powder reloader's guide link I posted above.

Plus, I've been reloading unique in 45 Colt, .45 ACP, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, 9MM and .380 ACP for a long, long time.

Love that stuff.
I'm good on the handgun data. I'm loading 9mm, 38spec, .357mag, 45acp, 44mag.
Just wondering about shotgun?? Big problem is, my wads & primer stash (MEC Fig 8) & (Win 209) with gun Club hulls severely limit my load choices???
Oh well, it's all I have for shotgun at the present.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you get the tests by Tom Armbrust done you will have definitive data using your components and that powder. In light of today's shortages, I think it will be worth doing but of course, it is your call. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you get the tests by Tom Armbrust done you will have definitive data using your components and that powder. In light of today's shortages, I think it will be worth doing but of course, it is your call. Good luck!
Yea, that's what I'm going to do. Would you happen to have contact info for him ?
I really need to get my hands on some different consumables?
One wad (fig 8) & one primer (win 309) seriously limit my load choices.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea, that's what I'm going to do. Would you happen to have contact info for him ?
I really need to get my hands on some different consumables?
One wad (fig 8) & one primer (win 309) seriously limit my load choices.
Maybe not and you will know much more after testing. Good luck!

Tom Armbrust,
Ballistic research and testing
1108 W. May Ave, McHenry, IL
60050-8918.
815-385-0037
. http://www.armbrust.acf2.org.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts