Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gotten a little excited hunting this morning and grabbed the wrong ammo, shot and had a shell stuck. I removed the shell by taking the trigger mecanism out and now I am trying to put the gun back together but the barrel will not go fully in because the bolt is locked in an open position. Yes, I have tried with saftey off and didn't work. Any advice on how I can fix my gun? If so let me know! Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried it with lifter down and trying to force it to budge and it won't havent found anything in owners manual just maybe need to dive deeper. If I can't figure it out myself just gonna take it into a shop to get checked out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not familiar with your gun, but on my Berettas, the lifter needs to be down. What does your owner's manual say about reassembly?
I have tried it with lifter down and trying to force it to budge and it won't havent found anything in owners manual just maybe need to dive deeper. If I can't figure it out myself just gonna take it into a shop to get checked out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am more curious as to you shooting "the wrong shell"! Please elaborate on that.
my gun takes 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells and I switched spots with my friends and birds came flying in after we had shot and as an instinct I reached int eh box below me and it was my friends ammo which was 3.5 inch and I shot one round and got the shell out and everything. Now the bolt is just stuck cocked back and the barrel won't remove.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In taking the barrel off you bolt does have to come forward, you can not remove the barrel unless it is. Same as reassembly that bolt has to be in the forward position otherwise your barrel will not seat correctly. Your bolt seems to have over traveled back too far or you trigger assembly is not in correctly. If everything is in correct have you tried just to tap your handle lightly to try and get the bolt to move forward?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In taking the barrel off you bolt does have to come forward, you can not remove the barrel unless it is. Same as reassembly that bolt has to be in the forward position otherwise your barrel will not seat correctly. Your bolt seems to have over traveled back too far or you trigger assembly is not in correctly. If everything is in correct have you tried just to tap your handle lightly to try and get the bolt to move forward?
yes i have tried to tap it lightly but it won't, budge for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts