Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best shotgun that you own, owned or wish to own? I have only had one Remmington shotgun and it was ok.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I REALLY want to own a Benelli. I need to research the models more once I get serious, but that brand would definitely be at the top of my list.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking for one for self defense. Always like to here what everyone's favorites are!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Winchester Model 12 for bird hunting - it's my favorite. It's older than I am and functions flawlessly. I have a Mossberg 500 for HD. Both are great shotguns. I had a stock Saiga 12 that I sold about 8-10 years ago - still kick myself over it. I plan to buy another one - that shotgun was a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My favorite is my Winchester model 1300 - pump 12 ga. Shoots smooth. I've used it for rabbits and squirrels, though I've just picked up an H&R 410 single shot as my 12 and 20 are tearing things up too much. I like to carry a .22 rifle, but this time of year there's too much foliage on the trees - all you see is bouncing branches. I'm hoping the 410 will do the trick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Own?
Got to be my Wingmaster.
Owned?
Only shotgun I ever got rid of was a Marlin Super Goose 10 ga. You haven't lived until you've shot a bolt-action 10.
Wish to own?
Wouldn't mind getting a Saiga. Just something about an AK-style shotty with a drum mag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really, really like my Benelli M1S90's. I really can't find a better semiauto shotgun out there...although I shot a Vinci I liked quite a bit.

For pumps, though..man, Mossberg gets my vote. Had an 870...just preferred the Mossberg more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Own? hhmm kind of hard but I think I would have to say my Mossberg 500 Mariner. I use that for hunting and H/D. I like my others a lot but the 500 gets the most use.

Wish to own? ...I think that would go to the Benelli M3 or the Benelli M4

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with 4Nines and went with the Benelli M4, collapsible stock and magazine extension tube with a holo sight for defense. Same one adopted by the Marines.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I only have 9 left now, the one I miss getting rid of was my K-80 I used for Trap

I have 5 Winchesters, 1 Saiga (mod for 3 gun matches), 1 Savage O/U, 2 Stevens,

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the nicest Shotguns I ever laid eyes on was a Winchester 23. I couldn't afford it at the time, had to settle for a Browning BSS. Now days I am equally happy with my SxS's and I compete with a TTN Colt 1878 Replica and hunt upland game with a Laurona SxS, made for Sears.

It may not have the sex appeal of the Winchester 23, but it still functions very well.;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have owned two Mossbergs, a New Haven 600AT (still have it) and a Maverick 88, both 12 gauge, and I loved them both. I also have a winchester model 1200 12ga, but the mossbergs just feel better IMO. Love the two Benelli photos above. Those look pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For home defense - I have an H&R Pardner Protector. It's an 870 copy. I have a pistol+stock rear on it, and the small round grooved forestock. Both stocks are poly. It has the standard 5 round mag. I have a push-switch multi light that includes a spotlight, laser, and strobe. It's mounted on a top rail at the rear.

The gun isn't pretty. The flat black finish is thin and poorly applied, but I didn't buy it for the finish. It's accurate and reliable with a moderate recoil. It's a moderate-weight gun. The price at Dick's was very reasonable at around $200.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts