Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Today I went to a local turkey shoot and did not do so hot.

Background info:
Gun- Stoeger M2000

My question is what is the best choke tube I can use to beat the competition next year. IMPORTANT; this shoot does not use.turkey loads, instead we shoot 1 1/8 Oz #8's clay target loads or multi-purpose loads. Now based on this what should I buy to win. Seems like a Full-choke would be best but that's just MO. What do you suggest?

Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you patterned your S/G chokes at the distance and loads you intend to shoot?
Experimentation has its rewards.
I tried the various tubes it came with. Full, extended turkey, skeet. The best was a tie between the turkey and the full. But one guy there he had some tube that was extreme tight the pattern was covering the paper 6 inches by 6 inches and from about 35-40 yards. He left before I could ask him what is was. But it was silver and about 2 inches long if anyone knows what it could have been, let me know.

· Registered
19 Posts
I personally use either a full or Superfull choke. I always shot my best games with my 870 when I had a super full Patternmaster choke. I've only used a full with my Maxus so far, and I am consistent with how I am with my other gun. It depends on the distance that most of your shooting is. We shoot "knockout" style games almost exclusively. Same rules as basketball, so if you're 3 or 4 down the line, that clay might be way out there. That's where your tighter chokes and heavier loads will shine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

· Registered
141 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,966 Posts
I tried the various tubes it came with. Full, extended turkey, skeet. The best was a tie between the turkey and the full. But one guy there he had some tube that was extreme tight the pattern was covering the paper 6 inches by 6 inches and from about 35-40 yards. He left before I could ask him what is was. But it was silver and about 2 inches long if anyone knows what it could have been, let me know.
Doesn't matter what HE shoots in HIS gun - what matters is what tube works best in your gun with the load in questions as has already been stated. Long chokes like that can be from a variety of makers like Comp-n-Choke, Pure Gold, etc.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello.
Today I went to a local turkey shoot and did not do so hot.

Background info:
Gun- Stoeger M2000

My question is what is the best choke tube I can use to beat the competition next year. IMPORTANT; this shoot does not use.turkey loads, instead we shoot 1 1/8 Oz #8's clay target loads or multi-purpose loads. Now based on this what should I buy to win. Seems like a Full-choke would be best but that's just MO. What do you suggest?

Thanks
Check out Sumtoy customs. We got to Turkey shoots all the time and he has developed chokes just for this game. We shoot a lot of flying target shoots but there are still targets also. This is at 50' flying. Insect Wood Pollinator Font Rectangle

· Registered
2,786 Posts
Card shooting is almost an underground religion in KY. I knew a gunsmith in OH who made a good living adding 48" barrel extensions and his secret formula chokes onto old Winchester model 37 'Steelbilt' single-shots just for that purpose.
Still does, AFAIK.

· Registered
1 Posts
All you need is a. " MAD ROOSTER" Match barrel for your shotgun you get a 35" chrome molly/Nickel thick walled bull barrel w/extended designed forced cone & special funneling boring with a outside diam compensator blow bye ported fixed .638.5 choked barrel w/3 wad stoppers 250bucks! ...cost that for a junk pot metal screw inside wind choke w/some bazaar name cost 75cents to make & sells at Walmart for $75-100$ crazy buy something that'll win back what you got in it 10folds more & keep winning rest of your life time & pass it down to the next... Buy a "MAD ROOSTER" comp match barrels become a proud Rooster Shooter member & maybe a deep freezer for all the meat you win with it! I know I had too! Best investment in shotgun equipment I've ever made my friend!!...... Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts