Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been using a bennelli m1014 for a few weeks now. Couple things, the stock has 2 positions? WTF its either the right length for me (6'5") or the sight s going to break my eye socket it needs an inbetween for normal people/climbing in and out of trucks and on top of them.

Softest slug firing ever, loved it.

People notice it, and when doing crowd control it works great. Some people don't even flinch when an m4 gets pointed at them but I raise my benelli and their eyes go huge and they do whatever you wanted.... funny once I point it at them how well their english improves.

tool marks on everything, perhaps not so much on contact points but still shouldn't be there. Looks like copper filling in places? like a paste was applied? can someone explain this?

pistol grip slides down.... umm is there supposed to be a pin holding it on? if so I"m missing it. I really wish I had a surefire foreend and a sidesaddle but thats to be blamed on the USMC not benelli.

are my reactions common to this thing or did the USMC get shipped the factory rejects, taking it apart if it was my shotgun I would have shipped it back.

P.S. looks like spray paint on the follower its chipping off like that too so it attracts sand and must be kept too clean for my liking for that last round to pop far enough into the reciever to load properly

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like you have the 11701 model with the flag on the receiver. I believe someone swapped out the recoil tube at some point for one of the older military 2 position recoil tubes. You can buy a 3 position recoil tube from Numrich Arms, but it is quite involved to install. I did mine earlier this year at home. Most don't care for the middle position when using iron sights. As the comb of the stock slides up the recoil tube, it changes the cheek weld required to see the iron sights. However, if you're using an optic, then this slight raise in cheek weld is welcome. The fully collapsed position is simply meant for storage.

Your rubber grip should not be slipping off. The rubber is probably worn out. You can buy a replacement here:
GRIP INSERTS, RUBBER, SYNTHETIC - Brownells

You could pull it off, and make sure that the rubber pegs are seating correctly. You could glue it on if you wanted to avoid buying a new sleeve. Or, add a piece of double sided tape down the center core of the grip, and pull the sleeve back up over it. It would probably hold it firmly in position.

It sounds like this is an issued weapon. So I doubt you can really go in and modify it as you wish unfortunately. The aftermarket is really picking up on these shotguns.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your M1014 has been abused...I carried one when I was TAD to the ASP security force and then again in Fallujah in 2006. It is pretty surprising to see people react to a shotgun pointed at them. I wish I could convince the wife to let me buy one for HD, I miss how soft those shotguns felt to me. I wish they had a couple more notches on the adjustable stock but it was bearable with the stock extended during fire. It does look really wierd with a foregrip attached to the handguard/rail if it comes so equipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts