Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bedside defense gun.

Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader 8 shot 20" barrel.
Elzetta ZSM light mount
Energizer 700 lumen aluminum light
Browncoat tactical 7 round shotgun cards
Soe gear single point sling
It also has a 2 point sling that goes with it. It's a quake industries the claw padded sling in mossy oak bottom land.
Limbsaver air tech pad for the fiance
Magpul sga stock
Tacstar aluminum side plate with rubber on the back side and velcro on the front.
NDZ performance red aluminum follower
NDZ performance safety in fde cerakote
Mossberg factory trigger fde cerakote
Mcarbo spring kit for the trigger. (I've had no issues with these kits and recommend them to everyone.)

The gun is painted in kg kphos which is a phosphate like parkerizing and then kg gunkoted milspec od green and then baked.

It was done by xdman in Alabama aka James Nicholas

The furniture was painted in magpul fde kg gunkote and baked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
This is just almost exactly what i want to build for my wife. I think the hard part will be the extended mag tube.
If you can find one (I can't and I've been looking for more than a year) then the Mossberg model 50698 might work for your needs. It's a 7 shot, 20 gauge model 590. It was announced a little over a year ago but I've never actually seen one for sale. As soon as I can find them I'm buying at least two.

· Registered
8 Posts
Trench,

https://www.mossberg.com/product/590-7-shot-50698/

That would be a great start. I'll be honest, it kind of burns my backside that there's not a shotgun out there that combines the ease of the remington mag extension/barrel system, with the top tang safety of the mossberg.

But the 590-7shot is just almost complete. Thanks for the tip!
At one time Remington made what I consider to be one of the most perfect home defense models ever offered. No top tang safety of course. It was the model 81100. It's a 20 gauge 870 with a FACTORY extension. Beautiful, compact and ready to go right out of the box. I liked them so much I bought 4 of them a couple years ago when they were selling for peanuts. It's what I take out of the safe every night.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can find one (I can't and I've been looking for more than a year) then the Mossberg model 50698 might work for your needs. It's a 7 shot, 20 gauge model 590. It was announced a little over a year ago but I've never actually seen one for sale. As soon as I can find them I'm buying at least two.
The 50698 is the same gun as above mossberg just lists it as a 590 now.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts