Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here. I am getting a Mossberg 500 tactical 12 gauge shotgun from a family member. I am not sure it has ever been fired..

I am not sure of the many options they come in but this is the basic, no pistol grip 18 1/2" barrel. I assume it is an improved cylinder or such. Tube capacity is limited to 4 or 5.

Can I put another barrel on this without also replacing the magazine tube? I am hoping to be able to hunt a little with it so I figure I should have a longer barrel if it is not too much of a hassle. I know I will have to plug the tube to use it for hunting.

Thanks for your input and thanks to those who do the work to keep the forum going.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, I am new here. I am getting a Mossberg 500 tactical 12 gauge shotgun from a family member. I am not sure it has ever been fired..

I am not sure of the many options they come in but this is the basic, no pistol grip 18 1/2" barrel. I assume it is an improved cylinder or such. Tube capacity is limited to 4 or 5.

Can I put another barrel on this without also replacing the magazine tube? I am hoping to be able to hunt a little with it so I figure I should have a longer barrel if it is not too much of a hassle. I know I will have to plug the tube to use it for hunting.

Thanks for your input and thanks to those who do the work to keep the forum going.
It sounds like the gun you want to add a full length sporting application barrel to will work perfectly. I am sure it can accept a longer barrel but you could verify by contacting Mossberg directly. Good idea to make that gun far more versatile because with a longer barrel that accepts choke tubes, you could use it for anything. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts