Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for another autoloader, mainly for waterfowl. I currently own a Beretta Xtrema and would like to either purchase the Xtrema 2 but have heard a lot about the Browning Maxus but have not first hand experience with it. I have used the Benelli SBE and prefer the Beretta over that so I'm looking for some input with the Browning Maxus or even another brand from some of you. Price is always a factor considering I would have to buy all new chokes if I don't get the Beretta.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 for the Remington 1100. I've hunted everything from squirrel to deer, including waterfowl with mine and it has never let me down. You can find good used ones at almost any gunshop for a fair price too. Buy one and don't look back, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard Remingtons use an O-ring in their gas systems that has a tendency to fail. I'm not sure if this is an older design or is still currently used. Anyone have any of these types of issues?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard Remingtons use an O-ring in their gas systems that has a tendency to fail. I'm not sure if this is an older design or is still currently used. Anyone have any of these types of issues?
I'll just put it this way... I still have my Grandfathers 50 year old Remington 1100 still banging out shells like new. No issues.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im sure if you store your shotgun in extreme conditions (heat / cold) dont clean it, dont oil it, your gonna get a broken o-ring occationally.

btw, Im a mossberg fan, but I would go with an 1100 in a heartbeat... but then Id couldn't give my Mav 88 all the attention.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine still has the original O ring on it and I've put close to 3000 rounds through mine in the 10 years I've had it ( and God knows how many the previous owner(s) put through it). If you take care of the gun and clean it appropriately you should have no issues with it. And even if the O Ring does fail, they are easy to replace but again, I've never had that problem.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Browning Maxus. It is everything you would want in a shotgun. I have several shotguns and still bought the Maxus. Best feeling, auto loading for the first shell, magazine cut off, and excellent recoil pad. The Remington 1100 is popular because it has a cheap price. The years when I worked behind a gun counter, we had more Remington 1100's come back because of faulty construction and stamped parts bending than any other gun. You only here about the ones that work, not all the ones sent back. You must always keep spare O rings because sooner or later, you will lose it while cleaning it. To answer your inquiry about the Maxus, buy one. You'll love it. And if you don't, you can sell it for the same or more a little later. Brownings always increase in value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts