Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock would have a slight curve to it I believe. Might want to call Remington just to verify but I've never seen any ID on a barrel that indicated one or the other.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it's ejecting out the left side of the receiver the only thing that might be the same would be stocks.

it's gonna require a different style barrel that you'd likely never find without getting custom made.

as a left handed shooter, with a pump gun I'd stick with the regular righty.

the shells aren't gonna smake you in the face when they eject and I do believe you can reverse the safety fairly easy on the gun.

I assume this is what you're talking about

Pump Action Shotguns - Model 870 Express - Remington Shotguns

and I doubt you'd ever find a side saddle for tacticool purposes.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's pretty easy to manipulate left handed.

I'm partial to the Mossberg 500 as I love the tang mounted safety though.

it's very fast to work with the thumb of the trigger hand. Just don't put a pistol grip on one. makes the safety out of reach.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am.

and nah, I don't bother with lefthanded guns.

sometimes the idea of a left handed bolt rifle sounds nice but I'd have to relearn how I shoot them.

there's different techniques to use when reloading a revolver as a southpaw, there's a few good youtube vids on it. And the only lefthanded revolver I can think of is made by Charter.

you'll be fine with the 870 as a left handed shooter. the only thing needed is swapping the safety button around where it's easy to press off with your trigger finger.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be the one I was refering too.
I was initialy looking at a 9mm revolver, and came across it.
I dont see the point in getting a lefty bolt action, on a standard I have a feeling I could reload faster

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reloading a revolver left handed isn't difficult either.

much like sitting in the old school desks, we just kinda get used to it.

I still cuss when looking for a house ball at the bowling alley though.

it's just learning different techniques.

I'm not fast at all when it comes to reloads on anything however.

Close-up lefty reload - YouTube

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive been thinking about getting one but would like to shorten the barrel, would any barrel work, or would I need a special LH barrel?
I'm a left-handed 870 shooter. I have had no problems with shooting a RH model 870. A note of knowledge, a LH Remington 870 barrel is different as well as the receiver from a RH model. If you're looking for some serious guidance look to "JD" at AIP Tactical in Scottville, Michigan. JD is a very nice, no-bull kind of guy that will set you up with a proper Rem 870 for home defense. He ONLY works on Remington 870's and 11-87's. He's a Remington Factory Certified Law Enforcement Armorer, certified in the 870 Police and 11-87 Police shotguns. He may still have two or three LH models still available if you really want a LH model. I hope this helps :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts