Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Quick intro because I'm new around these forums, mainly because I'm just getting back into sporting clays. I grew up going with my father a couple times a year on Long Island, or upstate new york, then he brought the guns down to our condo in florida because they have some sporting clays places by him, and he figured I can go down there If I want to go. Well, turns out that Florida, isnt exactly convenient for me to just go to shoot, so Ive been left stranded with no shotguns up here for a few years and kind of just forgot about it. This year I decided to get back into it, and the bonus is, my wife loves it as well. So I first picked up a beretta A400 xplor unico KO, and we went out, and she loved it. I then decided to get another one, and let her use the beretta with the kick off stock, because she's a skinny little thing. So, I picked up a Benelli (Briley modified) Performance Shop Supersport for myself. choked each one with Muller U2's, and we've been having a good time, almost once a week. Turns out an ammo shortage is quite present here because we went today to Mid Hudson sporting clays, and they had no ammo, ZERO, nothing, available because of the shortage. They said the only places even remotely close will probably be sold out, or have very limited quantity. Luckily I brought few boxes with us, so it wasnt a complete waste of time.
Anyway, to the point, I live on long island, but go upstate to New Paltz for sporting clays. I was wondering a few things.. If anyone on long island knows if we are effected by this shortage as well, and if there are restrictions on quantity purchased at a time here on the island. I "heard" shotgun shells arent being limited like hand gun ammo is, but that was just hearsay. I am looking to stock up to avoid having to deal with this all the time. Probably looking to buy 5 cases at least. I'd prefer remington, but at this point, I'm willing to pick up any target loads (7.5 is ideal) that I can buy in bulk. Winchester, federal, rio, etc.. I dont care if they're pink, gold, red, polkadots, etc... Any decent target load under $10 a box, that I can get a bunch of cases of. I'm looking for stores that anyone knows will have, or where me best bet is.. Also, if there is any restrictions on quantity like I mentioned. Thanks you in advance for any help! :D

J

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see the Commack walmart has "limited quantities" of some of the winchester target loads, and I see a lot of "out of stock" on some of the remington loads and such at walmart. Basically just looking for this info, so I can make one trip, pick up a bunch of cases, and not worry about it again for a while. Thanks in advance again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're not using the online search engines for ammo and buying online, I can see where you'd be scrounging. There's a lot of ammo in all calibers available. You just need to use a decent ammo search engine. Be prepared for some great deals, even WITH shipping and handling, but overall the prices are average to high. But if you want to play you gotta pay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried searching, but wasn't coming up with any specific information that was helpful. I went today and first stop was a Dicks, they said they had stacks just the day before of target loads, and whatever was left was it. A ton of 20ga. and some 410, I cleaned them out of target loads. All they had left was 10 of the winchester 100 shell super target boxes, and two cases of the pink breast cancer federal target loads. So I have a small stash now, ill try to pick up a case anytime I'm near a place, just to maintain a stash. The guy told me they had NO .22 rifle ammo in stock for a week now. It's really insane what's going on. I know you gotta pay to play, i dropped almost $450 on shells today alone. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't order shells online in New York anymore from what I heard. No big deal, as long as I can keep up my stock and not worry about not having shells to go sporting clays when I want.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
conn. is dry too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A lot of places wont send ammo, or that matter, anything gun related to NY. Anywhere in NY, not just Long Island. I would take a little weekend trip to PA., shotgun ammo is pretty good around this side of the state( western).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts