Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring. The time of April showers and May flowers.

When love fills the air, and so do baseballs.

Meanwhile, back down here on earth...anybody finding real trouble finding shotgun shells?

Now might be a good time to put a couple of boxes away. Buy a box here, a box there...don't be greedy because there WOULD BE plenty to go around if it weren't for some horders.:rolleyes:

Many years ago, the late Johnny Carson, doing a TONIGHT joke about shortages, made a crack about toilet paper shortages. Anybody remember that? Remember what happened the next day?

There was a rush on toilet paper at every supermarket in America. Carson was stunned, but it proved people are their own worst enemies.
:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been able to find some around here at the local gun shop I go to. I am thankful I stocked up on Buckshot while I was in Montana. I bought three boxes of RIO Royal buck shot the Twenty Five count boxes at Cabelas for just 17.00 a box. No sales tax in Montana either..
I should have stocked up on more. But I needed to save some money for Bills....LOL

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
tons of shotgun ammo for skeet and trap here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not so bad in Georgia. I have to admit I stood around at a local Wally for 20+ minutes and never got service to open the ammo case to purchase some #4 bird shot (btw I won't be going back to that location), but I went up the street to a LGS and found 25 round boxes of 00 for 19.99 and #4 buck for $5! It's out there, you just gotta dig a little.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone from the New York long island area in here? Went sporting clays today, and Mid hudson was out of shells. Luckily I had a few boxes with me. I am looking to stock up on Target loads, preferably 7.5. Im also trying to find out if there is restrictions on quantity purchased per day. I heard this doesnt pertain to shotgun shells, but looking for some real world experiences in the area. I'd really like to go and buy 5 cases, so I dont have to worry about finding last minute, or them not having again at the range. At this point I'll take anything, I'd prefer remington target loads, but I'll take winchester, federal, rio, pink, orange, polkadots, I really could care less at this point. LOL.. Any info would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
pro gun states have ammo. n.e. doesnt.
hmmm.
anyone see the pattern?
conn was bone dry of both shotgun and r/p ammo.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ammo is starting to slowly trickle into California, which certainly isn't pro gun. No .22lr though, but plenty of shells and r/p. The pistol loads are strange ones, though. Reloading components(powder, primers ) aren't difficut to find.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anybody know of an online site that has bulk powder in stock? My local supplier limits me to one can at a time and his stock varies from day to day. (12 or 14 ounces doesn't go very far) All my regulars, Midway, Precision, BP, are out. A couple of 8 lb. jugs of 700, nitro or tightwad would be comforting.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
thats still 1.00 more than what it was before the craze. they may have relaxed the store inventory crisis, but they are still jacking the prices. we need to stop buying and force the cost down by making their warehouse inventory increase.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
.22 is difficult to find, especially for cheap. Supply has gotten slightly better over the last months, best deal I can find is a brick for 30 bucks in stock for a couple of days a month at my favorite pawnshop.
I was fortunate ordering about a years supply of ammo just before the Sandy Hook massacre. In retrospect I should of sold my AR at the time for double my purchase cost.
The ammo shortage was created by the expectation Obama and the liberals would pass drastic legislation in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.
I can't blame the shooters reaction in light of questionable and possibly unconstitutional legislation passed under the current administration.

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
it was a tactic to justify the price increase across the board.
just like smokers must pay to smoke, the govt makes us pay to shoot.
there is no reason for 22's to be sky high other than to make us pay for it.

thus my eco101 logic...stop buying it.

no one was massacred with 22's, yet they targeted it to ruin the sport and make it too expensive to enjoy....hoping wed move on to something else. and unfortunately for those that wont....they make em beg for it AND pay a lot for it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah the cost of ammo has gone up. I haven't bought any .22LRs and won't until something changes. Reloading some centerfire cartidges works out cheaper for target practice than .22s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts