Shotgun Forums banner

A Little Bragging

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dr.Tramp 
#1 · (Edited)
About a year and a half ago I gave the grandson a Remington 870 Ducks Unlimited Mississippi edition 12 gauge. Nice shotgun. Very light, pump action, 30" ventilated rib barrel, shoots up to 3" magnums. It had been leaning (fully loaded) in a corner of my dad's closet for years and I got it when he croaked.
We've taken it out to the range a few times and shot clay pigeons with it, well the grandson shoots them, I just shoot "at" them and he turned out to be very good with it. :)
Anyway, today his dad took him goose hunting for the first time and they both bagged a goose, though the grandson got his in the first flight that came over.
Here's a pic of the grandson with his goose and the 870.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Camouflage Military camouflage Sky Plant Tree
Wood Office supplies Office equipment Font Hardwood

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, it's going to take a while for the grin on his face to fade. :) His father was really impressed with the 870 when he took it over to show it to him. They're nice shotguns anyway and the little bit of Ducks Unlimited adornment adds a bit to its looks without being flashy like the ones with gold accents.
Feels way lighter than my old 12 gauge Winchester model 12 and that ribbed barrel really helps to acquire and hold a target.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.