Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw my first 887. Man it fit like a glove. Thinking about buying one for hunting geese. Does anybody know of any defects in the gun. I've heard that trigger is plastic. If this is true are there any issues with that as far as breaking or failing while shooting heavy loads? Any info would be helpful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Duane check out this post!

I bought one for my son last Christmas and it has been flawless. He has hunted duck, rabbit, dove and sqirrels with it. We shoot clays just about every weekend and have over 3000 shell through it without a single problem. The action was stiff at first but it has smoothed out nicely. A guide we use for rabbit hunting in the marshes of Louisiana uses a 887 and actually leaves the gun in his boat 24/7 and occasionally wipes it down with WD 40, He has had no issues with the 887 either. I do know that the first year production guns had problems, but it seems Remington has worked out these issues. A lot of peopl bad mouth the gun but I wonder how many of these people have actually owned one. I would rather take advise from people who owned and use a gun that people who rely on heresay for their comments.

I will be pick my Rem 887 this week been waiting almost 3 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts