Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to shotguns so i have a few questions.

i just got a heck of a deal on a 870. it is used not much. the owner bought it to just screw around and build them up.

i will post pics tomorrow.

first question is this. the original owner put an ext on the mag, and i hate it. it is plastic and looks like crap. what do i need to buy to make it back to the OEM. again sorry for the stupid newb question...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just get an endcap and it unscrews....trade caps and springs.....that said, I will have my 870 paid off in the next few weeks and would swap you if you want.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All you need is the stock magazine cap that screws on with a stock mag spring. That's it. Try midwayusa.com. Or, just get a better mag extension. It's good to have options. And it's not a bad thing to add some capacity to the good ole 870.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
let me find an end cap and i will send this out to ya....you can have it....it will not be right away...i am leaving in a week to germany so when i get back in oct i will get that done...pm your addy

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wont i need a new spring and other stuff or that spring is ok
All you need is the stock magazine cap that screws on with a stock mag spring. That's it. Try midwayusa.com. Or, just get a better mag extension. It's good to have options. And it's not a bad thing to add some capacity to the good ole 870.
Just get an endcap and it unscrews....trade caps and springs.....that said, I will have my 870 paid off in the next few weeks and would swap you if you want.
yup you will need a cap and spring

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! thanks...good to see more people paying it forward....

Pm inbound
fellow gun owner. if i am not going to use it and what not why waste it. i rather go to some one who will use it and if you are on here i would hope you have some type of gun control and what not. so i dont mind. ya know....

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fellow gun owner. if i am not going to use it and what not why waste it. i rather go to some one who will use it and if you are on here i would hope you have some type of gun control and what not. so i dont mind. ya know....
I know exactly what you mean, i have many posts in this thread

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/other-firearms-sale/53680-pay-foward.html#post2561968

as well as have sent 3 hogue grips and pearce grips out as PIF's as well

what goes around comes around....

thanks again

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(aka MrPickles1212) As long as you're paying it forward Brian, I'll take 500 rounds of 9mm ammo. Please send by overnight express. Thx.....Seriously though, didn't know you were going to Germany until Oct. We'll have to hit up the MW2 soon.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get a good mag extension and a clamp with a rail :)

if my 500 would except mag extentions, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I like having a gun I can still take hunting but swap out a barrel and use for defense.

what's an endcap for a Remington anyway...like 20 bucks? get that and a good extension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts