Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to shotguns so i have a few questions.

i just got a heck of a deal on a 870. it is used not much. the owner bought it to just screw around and build them up.

i will post pics tomorrow.

first question is this. the original owner put an ext on the mag, and i hate it. it is plastic and looks like crap. what do i need to buy to make it back to the OEM. again sorry for the stupid newb question...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wont i need a new spring and other stuff or that spring is ok
All you need is the stock magazine cap that screws on with a stock mag spring. That's it. Try midwayusa.com. Or, just get a better mag extension. It's good to have options. And it's not a bad thing to add some capacity to the good ole 870.
Just get an endcap and it unscrews....trade caps and springs.....that said, I will have my 870 paid off in the next few weeks and would swap you if you want.
yup you will need a cap and spring

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fellow gun owner. if i am not going to use it and what not why waste it. i rather go to some one who will use it and if you are on here i would hope you have some type of gun control and what not. so i dont mind. ya know....
I know exactly what you mean, i have many posts in this thread

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/other-firearms-sale/53680-pay-foward.html#post2561968

as well as have sent 3 hogue grips and pearce grips out as PIF's as well

what goes around comes around....

thanks again

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get a good mag extension and a clamp with a rail :)

if my 500 would except mag extentions, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I like having a gun I can still take hunting but swap out a barrel and use for defense.

what's an endcap for a Remington anyway...like 20 bucks? get that and a good extension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.