Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lee load all 2 20 gauge and need a recipe for 572 powder charge.095 is the smallest bushing and it shows 19.1 grains but 16.1 is what’s recommended. Is that too much over? Don’t want to exceed the pressure

·
Super Moderator
1,025 Posts
Yeah, that's too much over. Try to find some way to seal off part of the bushing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a scale and know exactly what that bushing is throwing?
I don’t but but was thinking about getting one. Why doesn’t Lee make new bushings for the new powders?
You need to go to Hodgdon and look at the data for the hull, wad, payload and primer you have
You need to go to Hodgdon and look at the data for the hull, wad, payload and primer you have
I have that’s where I found the 16.1 grains from. I’m using double A hulls WAA 20 wads W209 primers and 572 powder because it’s all I could find

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t but but was thinking about getting one. Why doesn’t Lee make new bushings for the new powders?
Lee bushings almost never throw the powder charge specified in the table. A scale is not an optional reloading tool.
It would be trivial to make one with whatever volume you want if you have a 3D printer.
See: https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/5a/b5/7d/d6/10/085_powder_bushing.stl

Or you can try the lee dipper set and check with your scale which dipper is closest to your load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts