Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was bored sunday so i decided i needed a camera mount for my all-around shotgun i use it from trap to hunting so it gets used well here is how i built it

sorry for the crappy pics they are from my cellphone

started with a piece of 3" PVC cut like this

then i rounded and notched it on the bench grinder to accept the velcro straps i will add later

i made the camera shelf out of 2 sides of a PVC 2x4

I didnt take pics of all of the stuff here but i heated the camera shelf with a heatgun to make it match the profile of the base. i attached it with 2 small bolts that clear the forearm and barrel. and the camera is held in place with a bolt that threads into the tripod mount.

here it is on the gun

and with the camera

here is the video i made skip to 0:55 to see it in action cuz the start is the build process like above

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice work, and creative

not to criticize, but wonder if camera will last. Circuit card assemblies inside, and any moving parts probably not spec'd for the concussion produced by a boomstick.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be concerned, too. Good job on the mount, but I'm a little concerned about the camera. A regular camera like that with mechanical lens/focus movements, and actual glass lenses probably won't last long. Something like those very simple, cheap, low quality one-piece cameras (similar to a cell phone camera) would probably last longer... that's probably why most of the shotgun-mounted trap shooting videos out there look like they were filmed with a cellphone quality camera - because they probably used those small, cheap cameras without real focus and glass lenses.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe Burris makes a digital cam that mounts to your weapon. I think it's intention is for tactical purposes and self defense evidence but you may want to check it out. Not sure how much video it can store though.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have nothing against killing birds, but it seems kinda messed up to have a bird feeder hanging from that tree, lol!

I like the mount, and I have an old digital camera around here somewhere, might have to steal your idea.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have nothing against killing birds, but it seems kinda messed up to have a bird feeder hanging from that tree, lol!

I like the mount, and I have an old digital camera around here somewhere, might have to steal your idea.
thats not a birdfeeder thats a bait pile,Duh :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts