Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello y'all, new to this forum.
I have an 20 gauge 11-87 premier that I bought new & it has less than 1000 rounds thru it. it's only been used for sporting clays & 5 station. since new I've never gotten thru a sporting clays session without loading issues. the shell gets hung in the action & doesn't load. the last time out a shell got hung in the ejector after the typical loading issues. the gun is clean, the ports are clean, & the o ring is intact. I've tried shooting federal multi purpose & field & target, Remington sport loads, & Winchester target, all with the same results. being near 10 years old I doubt Remington will consider covering this under warranty. any suggestions as to where to start?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I covered this on shotgun world. the gas system was installed wrong at the factory. the piston seal & activator were reversed. i'm anal about keeping things in order when I disassemble anything. in the old days I drew schematics & laid parts in order. these days digital photos. tried o rings, etc. finally looked at the schematic & discovered the problem. all is well now. it even cycles Winchester universals!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts