Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy?

This is a discussion on Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy? within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; About to pick one up. Feels really nice and looks good too, especially for the price....

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #1

Member #130
Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy?

About to pick one up. Feels really nice and looks good too, especially for the price.

ShotgunPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

Member #3745
I was also interested about this brand . Made in Turkey but Academy must have some kind of good deal with them cause they cover the warranty themselves and sounds like a good deal . They are pretty looking guns . I checked out one O/U 12 ga couple weeks ago . Very nice . Did you buy it and if so have you used it and how does it shoot ?? Here's a link to their main page but I can't find prices .

YILDIZ SHOTGUN
ronlhodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #3

Member #1248
These are among the lowest priced O/U's on the market. I know there have to be more than a few interested in how they handle and hold up.
For myself I am leery of low-priced products. Something is usually skimped on to arrive at the price-point. In this case it could be the low cost of labor in Turkey. The Yildiz district in Turkey is known for producing fine crafted S/G's.
Good luck and keep us informed!
LoFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Member #3745
I saw one at our local Academy but I wasn't interested at the time cause I never heard of that brand. But they told me warranty is handled through Academy and there was a place down south Texas that fixed them . I'm not sure but I think they said it was lifetime warranty .
Old 10-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Member #1368
They are built to low price point and like similar guns the quality is the same meaning maybe yes and maybe no.
If you shoot a little now and again it most likely will be ok.
If you plan on shooting a lot then most likely no.
oneounceload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #6

Member #1248
Originally Posted by ronlhodges View Post
I saw one at our local Academy but I wasn't interested at the time cause I never heard of that brand. But they told me warranty is handled through Academy and there was a place down south Texas that fixed them . I'm not sure but I think they said it was lifetime warranty .
The Yildiz warranty is two years. Link is:
www.yildizshotgun.com/en/images/spz.pdf
Don't fool yourself that going cheap in this game is the way to go.
While a 10 grand gun is nice, this can be done with a gun for less than 2,000 bucks.
Do your research and shoot every S/G you can lay your hands on.
Your body and mind will push you into the right S/G for yourself.
Good luck!
ronlhodges likes this.
LoFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 PM   #7

Member #3745
Originally Posted by LoFlyer View Post
The Yildiz warranty is two years. Link is:
www.yildizshotgun.com/en/images/spz.pdf
Don't fool yourself that going cheap in this game is the way to go.
While a 10 grand gun is nice, this can be done with a gun for less than 2,000 bucks.
Do your research and shoot every S/G you can lay your hands on.
Your body and mind will push you into the right S/G for yourself.
Good luck!
I appreciate your input and info . But my limit ever on a S/G would be in the neighborhood of $700.00 max . I don't plan to competition , just wanting a very nice S/G for my money for all around hunting and shooting skeet/trap if I so desire and have the time to . I'm still a working person 40 hrs a week and then my other time is with my wife and things to do . I seldom even get to the range but I do every chance I can . Like I said tho I really appreciate the input info !!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
RKB

Member #2031
I have shot several Yildiz o/u's, in my hands, they handle nicely, point well, and shoot to point-of-aim - but I would not buy one. I have no faith in their reliability. There are a lot of much-higher quality o/u guns on the used market in your price range - older Winchester 101's, Nikko's, early Browning Citori's, and my favorite sleeper, the Miroku guns or the Charles Daly guns made by Miroku. I've seen them selling for a third of the price of a Browning - and Miroku manufactured (and still makes) the Citori for Browning. Watch Gunbroker, Gunsinternational, etc, they show up occasionally.
ronlhodges likes this.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #9

Member #2250
A young guy shot 5-stand with us the other day with a 12 ga. he had just picked up at Academy. Within 2 boxes of shells it stopped ejecting the hull from one barrel. Had to use a ramrod after each shot to continue the round. Also was very light and kicked pretty good. We felt sorry for him and encouraged him with his shooting but he left discouraged to take it back for repairs.
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Member #1368
For a budget of $700 max, a better quality, lightly used gun would be your best choice. It most likely will be a much older O/U, or a newer semi or pump.
LoFlyer and ronlhodges like this.
oneounceload is online now   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

academy yildiz shotgun

yildiz not ejecting
yildiz o/u from academy
Click on a term to search for related topics.