Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy? - Page 5 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy?

This is a discussion on Anyone tried the Yldiz from Academy? within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Originally Posted by richg99 Ha Ha Happy. I bought a 20 gauge Yildiz for my first shotgun a month or so ago. I've only had ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #41

Member #460
Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
Ha Ha Happy. I bought a 20 gauge Yildiz for my first shotgun a month or so ago. I've only had it out 9 times but, so far, it is working out great for me.

I'm 80 and have the usual arthritic issues at this age. The 20 gauge, along with an added Limbsaver air? pad has eliminated almost all of the recoil that I worried about.

Since I have been shooting Skeet and Trap, I've read that I'll get more birds with a 12 gauge (more pellets). So far, though, I couldn't be more pleased. For me, it is a great starter gun.

As time goes on, I may buy a better gun. We shall see.
Buy ya better gun when ya wear that Yildiz out!........i find i don't break any more with the 12 than I do with the 20.........AND I'm creeping up on that with the 410.
The Happy Kaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-05-2020, 07:36 AM   #42

Member #17104
Thanks, Happy. I knew when I bought the Yildiz (on the recommendation of another far more experienced shooter) that it was an entry-level gun. Since I had NO IDEA that I would like shooting so much, it was an inexpensive way to try things out.

I noticed that when I shot with 8 or 9 guys the other day, there were 8 or 9 different types of guns in the group.

I'd say half were semi-autos; the other half were O/U of various manufacturers. Some were 20 gauge, and some were 12. I actually like the 20 gauge so far, and some of those more experienced guys were hitting plenty of clays with the 20s. I shot a 17, which for my 5th time out, I was pretty happy with. regards, rich
richg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #43

Member #1440
Our 4-H Field & Stream Club here in Texas bought 6 Yildiz (3-12 ga, 3-20 ga) a number of years ago.
They were a little stiff at first - opening and closing the action - but after a few hundred practice rounds through them, they worked better. After the first year, we took them to Briley's Gun Store (Houston, TX) for thorough cleaning and inspection. After doing a little "smoothing" by them they worked as smoothly as my Beretta Gold 682 E. With a recoil pad on the 12 gauges, recoil was tolerable for my older 4-H members (using 1-oz loads); whereas, the 20 gauges with pads worked well for our younger and lighter weight ones, at skeet shooting as well as hunting.

Last edited by JimH; 08-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.
JimH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 08:35 PM   #44
RKB

Member #2031
Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
Thanks, Happy. I knew when I bought the Yildiz (on the recommendation of another far more experienced shooter) that it was an entry-level gun. Since I had NO IDEA that I would like shooting so much, it was an inexpensive way to try things out.

I noticed that when I shot with 8 or 9 guys the other day, there were 8 or 9 different types of guns in the group.

I'd say half were semi-autos; the other half were O/U of various manufacturers. Some were 20 gauge, and some were 12. I actually like the 20 gauge so far, and some of those more experienced guys were hitting plenty of clays with the 20s. I shot a 17, which for my 5th time out, I was pretty happy with. regards, rich
Rich - are you back to shooting yet? I'm looking forward to meeting up with you to shoot some skeet/trap/sporting.
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #45

Member #17104
Unfortunately, I may have had a setback.

I got the Pacemaker and then had to wait six weeks. Six weeks would be up in ten days.

However, we've discovered some sort of "buzzing" sound emanating from the PM. Late Friday I sent a transcription from the PM to the docs. I'll hear more on Monday ( I hope).

From the internet, others who have had the same "buzzing" say it indicates that the small wire's insulation has been compromised. Some said it indicates that the wires have pulled off of the PM. In either case, it meant the doc had to go back in and either replace the PM, or at least fix the wires.

I am hoping it is none of the above, but, we will see. If any of those stories are true, it'll mean ANOTHER 6 weeks! Yikes!

I am keeping myself busy. I established a 5/6/7/8 man/woman shooting group here. All new people except for one guy. I've been coordinating the shoots (both Trap and Skeet). We are shooting two days a week, and I meet some new guys at the field on off times. I set up the Trap or Skeet field and they can get to shoot without anyone around. The Blind leading the Blind!!! Ha Ha

I'll keep you posted. rich
richg99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

academy yildiz shotgun

yildiz not ejecting
yildiz o/u from academy
Click on a term to search for related topics.