Show us your Yguns - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Show us your Yguns

This is a discussion on Show us your Yguns within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Had my hands on a beautiful little Beretta 28g yesterday in the LGS, it felt like it wanted to come home with me too but.. ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #11

Member #3495
Had my hands on a beautiful little Beretta 28g yesterday in the LGS, it felt like it wanted to come home with me too but..
That was one problem I did encounter with my bettinsoli, steel shot laws came in and I needed a couple of mod chokes. Shop I bought the gun from claimed they'd never sold a bettinsoli.. he's a bit of a BS merchant as well.. so tried the outfit that used to import them again to no avail.. then tried a local gunsmith (with a great reputation) who had the chokes in 2 days
blairpeter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #12

Member #1729
I'm now sorry I bought my wife a Yildiz...not. Hope she doesn't read these comments. Her Yildiz has a couple thousand, trouble free, through it so far...that probably shouldn't count, though. Let's go over to the other Turkish gun forums and slam them, also.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Hey, it seems from your count that you got a good one.......good for you
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #14

Member #1248
I agree with 1oz, if the gun is working well for your wife then its a keeper! In a couple of years she will probably want something else and you can make some queries to the blog on recommendations and pricing. Its nice to hear a few success stories with some of the lower priced O/U's. The problem is that modern western consumers expect near zero defects with our "toys" and S/G's by their nature produces recoil forces that the lower priced S/G's can't handle. A few of them can, the Mossberg 500 series is a perfect example of a robust and "cheap" pump S/G that owners swear by. But by and large when you buy a cheap S/G something had to be scrimped upon to arrive at the low price-point.
LoFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Member #1368
But by and large when you buy a cheap S/G something had to be scrimped upon to arrive at the low price-point.
Especially a SxS or O/U
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #16

Member #3495
Originally Posted by DragonNester View Post
I'm now sorry I bought my wife a Yildiz...not. Hope she doesn't read these comments. Her Yildiz has a couple thousand, trouble free, through it so far...that probably shouldn't count, though. Let's go over to the other Turkish gun forums and slam them, also.
I wouldn't be too proud to house one here either. One point that possibly hasn't been over stressed is that some labour comes awful cheap compared to those in the EU. And that will definitely come into the cost of your gun. If you combine cheaper staff with some computer-aided engraving and CNC machining it logically can't be as expensive as hand made in the EU
blairpeter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:52 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Member #148
i have a fellow shoot the 12ga version at my meets and he's doing very well with it. loflyer...you know him...... rockratt.
Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor
Skeet & Trap Range Owner
bobski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #18

Member #6202
I bought the spz/tx edition 12. I love this gun beautiful and shots like a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sumgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #19

Member #6202

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sumgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #20

Member #10729
[IMG][/IMG]
got this July or 2017
MitchellB is offline   Reply With Quote