My Yildiz broke. - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

My Yildiz broke.

This is a discussion on My Yildiz broke. within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; My SPZ ME 12 GAUGE STEEL YILDIZ O/U broke during a day of clay shooting. It started with a double firing and then a few ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Member #11161
My Yildiz broke.

My SPZ ME 12 GAUGE STEEL YILDIZ O/U broke during a day of clay shooting. It started with a double firing and then a few shots later the top barrel would not fire. I went to Academy Sports and they sent it to Brielly’s For warranty repair. Three weeks later it came back and is fixed. I now have to get it out to the range and shoot it to see if it holds up. I will post results on performance after a couple hundred rounds are put through her.
Saltdog14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Glad to hear Academy and Briley took care of you.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

Member #11161
Academy processed with no questions asked and turn around at Brielly was as promised. The failure of the Yildiz prompted me to start shopping and I found and bought a Browning Citori Hunter (1997). It is in excellent condition in the bluing and wood finish. Very happy with it. At $850.00 is that a fair price?

Last edited by Saltdog14; 05-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Fair enough if it FITS, it has the barrel length you like; aftermarket chokes are readily available and any half-assed gunsmith can fix it if it breaks
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

Member #11161
Barrel length is fine for my weak arms and shoulder. It is weight forward though, any idea what is best to balance it? It has a CG about 1 1/2" forward of the hinge.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Take an empty hull or similarly sized tube that will fit on the butt stock hole and fill it completely full of lead shot and insert it it. You may need to wrap it in tape or similar to keep it from moving. That's the cheap way out
There are also mercury recoil devices that fit into the stock that can help as well.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #7

Member #11161
Thank you 1 oz load, I appreciate your taking the time to converse with me on this thread. Your help is valued. Saltdog14........
Old 05-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Member #1368
You're welcome!
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #9

Member #11161
100 rounds and working

I went out and fired 100 rounds through my repaired SPZ ME12 ga. Without any problems yesterday. Blew through a whole box of clays, wish I could say I hit them all but that is another story. The gun is running fine so far will update again at 300.