Quiet forum - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Quiet forum

This is a discussion on Quiet forum within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Is any one still shooting Yildiz shotguns out there? I have been doing trap every week at my gun club and have my gun just ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #1

Member #11161
Quiet forum

Is any one still shooting Yildiz shotguns out there? I have been doing trap every week at my gun club and have my gun just right after some tinkering with LOP, and Limb saver add on. Bought my own clay thrower with wireless actuator and it has given me lots of pleasure shooting with friends.
Saltdog14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-20-2019, 11:27 PM   #2

Member #460
Yes. It is a quiet forum.. I bought my 20 SPZ-ME in 2015 and have enjoyend shooting doves/preserve quail ans skeet. Liked it so well I went back and bought the 12 ga SPZ-ME in 2017. And finally it appears Academy is closing out the 410 SPZ-ME(probably slow sellers) since its gone from the website and my store had only a display model that's been on the rack for a long time.......So I bought the 410. I load for all so ammo for the 410 averages about $3.45 a box. I built me a skeet field with 2 Champion Wheelybird throwers with electronic remote( one remote for both traps)(high house 10 feet/low house 4 feet. Both enclosed). Ans I've been shootiing all 3 on it. I haven't had any trouble with any of them. Only thing I did was shorten the LOP on the 12 &20 by 5/16". Noe they fit me perfectly. They are a great value for the money.....AND the Turkish walnut they use is beautiful....Better that walnut on some of the B-guns.
The Happy Kaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #3

Member #11161
That is nice that you can build a high and low house of your own. I shoot on club property with my own whirlybird thrower on days when the field is not in use. This allows me to shoot at my slow pace due to back and neck issues. Still enjoy the shooting with friends but would like to be able to compete if I could handle it.
I like my spzme 12ga steel receiver Yildiz, it shoots fine and without a problem so far over the last two years.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:18 PM   #4

Member #460
I started out using my Wheelybird out the back of my truck. I don't have a steel Yildiz. All mine are aluminum.....All steel/aluminum are great guns. Toted my 410 today on a rabbit hunt. It was like toting a .22 rifle. My grip closes completely around the receiver. I did seal the stocks and forends on mine with polyurethane. Last year shooting doves with my 20 in the rain. The stock turned white on top as the rain penetrated the oil finish. The urethane brought out the beautiful figure in the wood. I also sealed inside the forend and under the recoil pad. Rabbit hunting last week in the rain with my 20. The rain water just beaded up and ran off the wood.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #5

Member #15924
Thought I would ask you guys since the forum seems quite and you guys are communicating. I just purchased a Yildez SPZ ME 12ga. Right out of the box the selector for the barrel choice doesn't work. My selector can only go to the right, meaning I will always shoot the bottom barrel first. Have any of you encountered a similar problem? Is my only option to send the shotgun to Houston for repairs?
MYRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #6

Member #11161
Originally Posted by MYRX View Post
Thought I would ask you guys since the forum seems quite and you guys are communicating. I just purchased a Yildez SPZ ME 12ga. Right out of the box the selector for the barrel choice doesn't work. My selector can only go to the right, meaning I will always shoot the bottom barrel first. Have any of you encountered a similar problem? Is my only option to send the shotgun to Houston for repairs?
Did you move the selector to safe before trying to change barrel selection?
Old 02-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #7

Member #460
As Salty said above the safety must be all the way to the rear before you can move the selector. If that doesn't work remove the stock and look if any manufacturing debris is stuck in there. Flush out with a good cleaner and lightly oil/grease the moving contact points. Selector should work. Briley in Texas handled all the yildiz work.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #8

Member #15924
I got it working, my mistake. Enjoying the new Yildez SPZ. Thanks for your help!
MYRX is offline   Reply With Quote