Quiet forum - Page 2 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Quiet forum

This is a discussion on Quiet forum within the Yildiz Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Originally Posted by andreww133 I'm shooting a Yildiz A 71 (semi auto). It's a decent gun, but sometimes it doesn't eject the shells. It pulls ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Yildiz Shotgun Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #11

Member #460
Originally Posted by andreww133 View Post
I'm shooting a Yildiz A 71 (semi auto). It's a decent gun, but sometimes it doesn't eject the shells. It pulls them from the chamber, but they sit in the ejection port. It doesn't even stovepipe them. I'm working through different brands of shells to find the ones that work for it.
I'm trying to add a tube extension, but that's proving to be difficult to find.
Overall I'm happy with it. It's my first shotgun.
I would call Briley and see what they say.....May want you to send it in.may want to try a mag. full of magnums to see if it will function with those first.

BTW I bought a remington 20 ga 11-87. It would not cycle my reloads till I upped the charge by 2.5 grs.. And it still won't cycle those cheap Winchester universal shells at all.

Last edited by The Happy Kaboomer; 01-27-2020 at 09:34 PM.
The Happy Kaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #12

Member #16998
I've found some shells work, other shells don't. Those cheap Winchester SuperX shells are crap, it jams every single one! I'm having great luck with Federal Speed Shok and decent luck with Federal Black Cloud. But I still should contact Briley when duck season ends and see what they say. Thanks for the advice! I'm brand new to shotgun problems/repair, so I need to hear names like Briley.
andreww133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #13

Member #17104
New Yildiz owner here. 20 gauge o/u

I am enjoying my new Yildiz.

However, when I bought it, I asked for a Recoil Pad. The clerk put a slip-on Limbsaver #10551 on. It works fine BUT..it slips around too much. It spent much of its short life leaning to the Left of the stock.

Checking the physical measurements of the gun itself, I found that the stock is 5 inches by 1 5/8th inches. The #10551 is designed for a 1 3/4 inch thick stock..hence the slippage.

I took it back today. What pad are you guys using?

EDITED...Never mind. I found the exact pad made by Limbsaver specifically for my gun (and maybe yours) thanks anyway. https://www.amazon.com/LimbSaver-100...1799885&sr=8-2

Last edited by richg99; Yesterday at 03:44 PM.
richg99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 02:43 PM   #14

Member #11161
The limbsaver comes as a slip over or a bolt on type. The screw on one is best and doesn’t slip. It will definitely reduce felt recoil on your shoulder.
Saltdog14 is online now   Reply With Quote