Shotgun Forums banner

Cleaning burn ring on magazine tube on winchester super x2

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JimH 
#1 ·
Hello - I am cleaning my Super X2 for the 1st time and it has a nasty stubborn burn ring on the magazine tube (see pic) that Hoppe’s NO. 9 isn’t working on. Do you have a safe recommendation to remove/clean it or should I leave it alone? Thanks much!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello - I am cleaning my Super X2 for the 1st time and it has a nasty stubborn burn ring on the magazine tube (see pic) that Hoppe's NO. 9 isn't working on. Do you have a safe recommendation to remove/clean it or should I leave it alone? Thanks much!
There's several methods . Do You have any fuel injection additive for your car around ?. Small rag in a strip large enough to wrap around burn ring soaked with the above . Berryman' Carb cleaner or parts dip , same procedure .
After soaking residue area remove rag , wipe with lacquer or acetone thinner on clean cloth .
Finish with a
Polish of with flitz metal polish, Simichrome or Mothers Mag polish or equivalent .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.