New Browning quality? - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

New Browning quality?

This is a discussion on New Browning quality? within the Waterfowl Hunting Forum forums, part of the Hunting category; My hunting buddy is, and has been, a Browning fan. However, he's been having what I'd call "quality issues". Has anyone else had similar problems? ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Hunting > Waterfowl Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #1

Member #15596
New Browning quality?

My hunting buddy is, and has been, a Browning fan. However, he's been having what I'd call "quality issues". Has anyone else had similar problems? Here's a note from him:

I have had many Browning shotguns over a long period of time including two Belgium A5s and a couple of Citoris. I have used them for hunting and clay shooting and been very pleased with their quality and reliability.
A few years ago I wanted a new A5 that could handle 3" hunting loads for duck hunting. I ordered a A5 ultimate and when it came I was disappointed with the engraving on the receiver. The depth of the engraving faded at the stock end. I called Browning and sent it back. They said that they were having trouble with the process and would send me a new gun as soon as they fixed the problem and were manufacturing them again. I called Browning every 6 months for a year and 1/2 and finally gave up and asked them to send me the A5 hunter high grade.
I took the new gun duck hunting once in the rain. Two problems occurred. The hard finish on the stock cracked with the moisture. The black finish on the receiver rubbed off where it slid along the gunnel of the aluminum canoe. I think that the aluminum receiver is not blued but is just painted. I have used blued shotguns in that same canoe and never had the problem.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
You can't "blue" aluminum; it is either painted or anodized. Of course, why was he allowing his gun to slide along the gunnel in the first place?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote