Mossberg 500 (8 shot) ATI forend install help - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Mossberg 500 (8 shot) ATI forend install help

This is a discussion on Mossberg 500 (8 shot) ATI forend install help within the Tactical Shotgun Accessories forums, part of the Tactical Shotgun Forum category; Hi, sorry if this is a repeat, but I just picked up a Mossberg 500 8 shot, I just installed the ATI Strikeforce stock and ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Tactical Shotgun Forum > Tactical Shotgun Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #1

Member #17282
Mossberg 500 (8 shot) ATI forend install help

Hi, sorry if this is a repeat, but I just picked up a Mossberg 500 8 shot, I just installed the ATI Strikeforce stock and I'm stuck on the ATI forend install. The kit says adapter 3 in the rear and 1 or 2 in the front depending on the size of the gun...neither combo works without binding up the gun or being too loose. I've reached out to ATI but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
chrisbellisario@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #2

Member #18290
Hi Chris, I am in the middle of the same installation and have the same problem with the adapters that you posted. Did you find a solution? Any help would be great!

Thank you,

GunGuyTex
GunGuyTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:54 AM   #3

Member #18290
Lightbulb ATI Strikeforce forend adapter problem solved

Hi Y'all,

I was able to solve the problem of the jamming of the forend when installing the ATI Strikeforce forend.

The instructions are a bit incomplete and confusing, as it instructs the installer to remove the plastic bridges from the forend. Bridges are essentially small pieces of plastic used during the molding process. Why ATI don't remove them before shipping is a mystery. Very sloppy, but probably keeps the price down.

The very next instruction is to select the forend adapters for your shotgun make and model. In my case, an 8 shot Mossberg 500 Cruiser with a 20" barrel. So I selected a #3 for the rear and a #1 for the front. I then cut out the tops of the adapters with channel lock pliers, and then used a file and my Dremel Rotary tool with a sanding attachment to clean up the cuts on the tops of the adapters.

The result is a perfectly working forend. Message me if you would like more information. But I'm definitely contacting ATI to have them update their install guide!

Be safe!
GunGuyTex is offline   Reply With Quote