Dog photo's - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Dog photo's

This is a discussion on Dog photo's within the Sporting Dogs Forum forums, part of the Hunting category; haven't seen any on here. someone must have dog's. I've got three now. Just brought home a Red Setter pup to go with my two ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Hunting > Sporting Dogs Forum

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #1

Member #1887
Dog photo's

haven't seen any on here. someone must have dog's. I've got three now. Just brought home a Red Setter pup to go with my two e. Setters.

Bodie

Squirt

Stormy

Took some new photo's of Stormy and though I'd add one here.
RedRiverII likes this.

Last edited by Don Fischer; 12-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Don Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

Member #2007
Nice looking setters. Are you finding any birds? We don't have many quail left in West Tennessee, so I have to buy some to put out to get the dogs some work.
Here's a few pics of my dogs:

Dixie

Sally

Duke

RedRiverII and Sea Duck like this.
treedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #3

Member #1887
Nice looking dog's! Birds near home are about a thing of the past. There are pocket's of chukar but number's are really down so I hear. Can walk chukar country much any more. There are some Hun's but 120 mi trip to get to them. Hard to do on SS. Have a few quail left out in the pen, love them but these are old and don't fly much at all anymore. For next year I'm going to find me a bunch of day old Quail again or maybe chukar. Like the quail best because they aren't native here, don't need any proof I own them if checked. Do manage a preserve near here once or twice a year. Taking family with me on two trips this year, I'm the only one in the family with bird dogs!

'It's sad to live in the area I do and have next to no birds around. Down on the John Day by the river there's a couple small covey's of quail the past pew years but this year, no contact with them. Up the hill beside the river there's been a small covey of hun's the past few years. Haven't shot any out of them but doesn't seem to help. Maybe there's other's going in when I'm not there. Problem seem's to be that the cheat has been pretty much wiped out by a weed called methuselah. Need the cheat for the birds. used to be a lot of pheasants down there but a state wide newspaper had their outdoor editor do a couple article's on Clarno, best kept secret in Ore. Well for the next several years everybody in the state showed up for their share. Relatively small piece of land and couldn't take the pressure; Clarno is now a game bird waste land.

On the good side, I have permission to use a local ranch and makes a good place to plant birds for the dog's. Adult chukar here cost $9 each or $17 on a preserve. Pays to get your own birds.

I love the chukar hills but can't do them anymore, really bad knees. But I caan still do the easy stuff and don't care so much about the kill anymore but love watching my dog's work.

Got a couple new photo's of my Stormy.

Stormy's dad on point. Shooting dog stake in Wash.

'
Don't have a good photo of his mom. I always judge the shooting dog. Friend got stormy's dad for me. Mom was the 2010/2011 Region 10 Shooting Dog of the year. Blew my mind first time I watched her.
RedRiverII and Sea Duck like this.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #4

Member #1887
Hey treedaddy. Found this photo of Brownlee res. over on the snake river. From the last trip I made there about four years ago.

This one is from up on top where a couple friends took off walking. Would have liked to do it but knee's won't carry me to well any more.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #5

Member #2007
Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
Hey treedaddy. Found this photo of Brownlee res. over on the snake river. From the last trip I made there about four years ago.

This one is from up on top where a couple friends took off walking. Would have liked to do it but knee's won't carry me to well any more.
Wow. Great looking country. I would love to try chukar hunting one day, but that would be a long drive from Tennessee. I go to South Dakota every year
to hunt pheasant and grouse. I have found a few coveys of huns through the years and that was fun.
Here's a few South Dakota pics:

veus00 likes this.
treedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #6

Member #1887
New photo of Stormy I really like.

Sleepy time!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #7

Member #2136
I'm allergic to crap eaters and all these photos scare me and make me have nightmares.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
tnxdshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #8

Member #1540
Here's one of mine.Name:  untitled cole.bmp
Views: 569
Size:  3.17 MB
Old 02-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #9

Member #1887
Originally Posted by Roseman View Post
Here's one of mine.Attachment 498
That has got to be a lap dog! I could imagine watching a ball game on TV with him on my lap! Most all dogs are good dogs, they make us better people.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #10

Member #3352
You have some mighty nice looking dogs. I had a Weimaraner dog when I was younger. It came from champion lines. That dog would watch me and with a hand gesture it would move the direction I indicated for it to move. She was such a good hunter. I did not train this dog to do this. It just knew to do it.

Search tags for this page

sporting dog forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.