Tricks or techniques that increased... - Page 4 - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Tricks or techniques that increased...

This is a discussion on Tricks or techniques that increased... within the Sporting Clays forums, part of the Shotgun Shooters Forum category; We have squat for terrain here in central Florida so the best setters use technique. At one club they NEVER throw a target on a ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Shooters Forum > Sporting Clays

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Member #1368
We have squat for terrain here in central Florida so the best setters use technique. At one club they NEVER throw a target on a straight line; EVERY one of them has a curl aspect; some are continuously in transition. They LOOK easy enough, but if you're not on your game you'll drop 2-3 out of 8 and walk out of the stand scratching your head going "HUH???"
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2018, 07:05 AM   #32

Member #5570
That's also a popular technique around here, but they do it on maybe 4 or 5 stations out of 12. The others tend to use terrain, speed and illusion.

It's interesting shooting one with the curl. If it's set properly, it'll curl just at your break point and there's a setter here that's a master of making one do exactly that. The answer, of course, is to change your break point but it doesn't always work out of course.

Since I don't do show birds, the curl, properly done, will get me fairly often on the first shot.

Last edited by Flash; 05-12-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #33

Member #8874
I'm with oneounceload. I have complex eye and physical limitations. I took three hours of lessons with the country gentleman and it made the greatest difference for me.

Jeff
BadaBoom is offline   Reply With Quote